Crampbuster? Anyone

hansfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Do any of you have Crampbuster cruise control thing on your bar. If you do which one the long one or the wide one? Good?

dantrigg

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the wide one. It works well on a long trip and provides a wide surface area to rest the palm of your hand on. I think the long one could begin to get iritating to your palm over time due to the smaller surface area. On the other hand, the wide one takes some getting used to while breaking. I have to tilt my hand to avoid putting pressure on the crampbuster. It is not a huge deal but it can be a little unnerving.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've used one from day one and can't really ride without it now. I've gotten so used to controlling the throttle with it that it's awkward to control it without one!

Up until recently, I used the wide one. It's a bit of a fuss to get exactly where it needs to be, but once you find the sweet spot it doesn't move. And on the stock grips, it left a small impression, so that if I removed it for some reason, I would know exactly where that sweet spot was when I put it back on.

I've been trying the skinny, longer one recently, since I put my new Rizoma grips on. It's been quite an adjustment, but it's getting better. I switched because the wide one didn't quite want to work with the Rizoma billet grips (even in the rubber grip area on the grips), and I liked that with the skinny one, you could just flip it up and over so if you didn't need it (or want to use it) it was out of the way.

The issue I've run into, at least with the new grips, is that because the skinny one doesn't velcro around the grip like the wide one, but yet uses pressure to stay in place, it doesn't always do so. Especially on a hot day, if the grips get hot they get kinda slick and it slowly wants to creep down lower and lower. Not a big deal really...you just give it a nudge and it's back up to where it needs to be. But a bit annoying.

I'd recommend one for sure, though. Like I said, I can't really ride without one now...lol.

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the long one (that didn't sound right). It is not iritating to my palm because it is resting on the heal of my hand. It's a must have on a long ride.

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
I use the wide one. very good for long hauls. take it off halfway and then you work different muscles in the hand. very good for high speed cruising where your throttle is twisted a good amount the entire way. i find not good for city/twisties but it fits in a pocket so...

psnbye

I used to be Jethro
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got the wide one two weeks after I got the bike and I love it. It really does help your hand from getting tired. And at about ten bucks its a very inexpensive, easy to use mod.:thumbup:

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
Wide one :thumbup: I Like it , for under 12 bucks how can you go wrong? It seems to lessen fatigue and vibrations to the hand as your not squeezing the throttle as much. If it gets in the way for some types of riding you can just twist it up and around out of the way.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
That does it! I'm going to order a wide Crampbuster. I just came off a 1,000 mile cruise, much of it across lonely Nevada. Could've used one (to check right side pocket for something, etc.)

clockworkjon

SUCKERS!
Reaction score
Visit site
That does it! I'm going to order a wide Crampbuster. I just came off a 1,000 mile cruise, much of it across lonely Nevada. Could've used one (to check right side pocket for something, etc.)

Methinks you may be confusing the crampbuster with the throttlemeister. (Gotta love all these names.) The crampbuster doesn't let you release the throttle and still keep going, its just a plastic paddle that lets you throttle with the flat of your hand instead of gripping the bar for hours on end.

The throttlemeister, on the other hand, actually holds the throttle open so you can take your right hand off the bar, to check your right side pocket for example. Its also about $100 -vs- the $10 for the crampbuster.

If you weren't getting these confused, I apologize. :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't know there are two and I've no idea which one I have, wide one I guess. I like it. It took a little getting used to but it helps a great deal. I really need to add a throttle lock so I can stretch my hand out.

For $10.00 you can't go wrong.

squirly

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the wide one started out with the long one but like the wide better hubby hated it until he used it for a 600 mile trip and liked but he doesn't use it everyday just trips i use mine everyday