Cortech saddlebag install for rear straps?

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Just got these bags and while they are nice they give you 4 short clip style straps. The front straps mount perfectly but i was curious what you guys did on your fz6 for the rear. i dont have the stock license plate part mounted anymore. if they gave me a short female 2 sided strap i could clip the two rear bags together but alas they didnt. I will upload a pic and maybe you guys can show me some pics of it mounted. thanks.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Sent from my Samsung Epic using Tapatalk Pro.
4577906c-5c71-6856.jpg

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Take the short straps that clip to the rear and loop them together to make a double ended strap, that will keep the back from flopping around and the front straps will keep the bags from sliding back. I hooked my rear attachment to the OEM reflector brackets but it looks like you don't have that option.

Jerry

rger8

Reaction score
Visit site
Mmmm, I have some Cortechs that have those straps in the back. I wrap them around the turn signals. Last night I built a simple aluminium bracket that uses existing bolt holes. The holes are the ones that bolt the lic. bracket to the frame. They are the farthest ones forward under the rear fender. ( Domed Allen heads ) If I knew how to post photos I would show it:confused: It keeps the rear of the bags from falling in towards the rear tire or inside that big gap.

The bracket looks like this [ with the long flat side bolted up under the fender and the legs pointed down to prevent the rear of the bags from falling in. It was 18" in Length before I bent the 3" legs over on either side of the bracket. I just stuck it in a vice and bent the ends over. The aluminium was 1/8" thick by 1" wide. I got the flat piece at home depot. Maybe you can jury rig a couple of bungees and use the bracket as an anchor for the rear of the bags or something like that. If I can figure the picture thing I'll post it. Hope this kinda helps.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I ended up finding two short bungees and attached them to each rear strap then crossed it to the opposite side to to offsets like so. Seems like it should be fine. I just wish they would give more straps since its a universal fit.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using Tapatalk Pro.

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I strap mine to the brackets right under the exhaust, and haven't had any problem. It is a very strong point to strap to.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I strap mine to the brackets right under the exhaust, and haven't had any problem. It is a very strong point to strap to.

Well i would do that too if i had the strap i lost. lol. Its a half buckle to try to strap and i dont like the way it is. Im in contact with fly n cycle hoping they will send me another. Thx.