Correct Headlight Bulbs

B4sok

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys, can anybody tell me the correct bulb part nos/type for the UK.FZ 6 2004.Looking to change YAMAHA FZ6 FAZER 05-06 XENON HEADLIGHT BULB HID H4 501 on ebay.Item number: 330292383764 . Can't find any ref no's in my owners manual. Help please.:thumbup:

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys, can anybody tell me the correct bulb part nos/type for the UK.FZ 6 2004.Looking to change YAMAHA FZ6 FAZER 05-06 XENON HEADLIGHT BULB HID H4 501 on ebay.Item number: 330292383764 . Can't find any ref no's in my owners manual. Help please.:thumbup:

You are correct that the owners manual doesn't actually specify what the bulbs are, you need an H4 and H7.

I emailed those guys and they were happy to supply a single H4 and single H7, although I didn't actually use them in the end.

I used ACEPARTS-UK and actually bought a set with 6 bulbs and "asked a question" before purchasing if it was ok to change the split of bulb types and then added the same request to the payment notes, (I requested: 3 x H4, 2 x H1 & 1 x H7 plus I changed the 501 to LED 501) as I wanted to upgrade my wifes car as well, it worked out stupidly cheap . . . :thumbup:

B4sok

Reaction score
Visit site
You are correct that the owners manual doesn't actually specify what the bulbs are, you need an H4 and H7.

I emailed those guys and they were happy to supply a single H4 and single H7, although I didn't actually use them in the end.

I used ACEPARTS-UK and actually bought a set with 6 bulbs and "asked a question" before purchasing if it was ok to change the split of bulb types and then added the same request to the payment notes, (I requested: 3 x H4, 2 x H1 & 1 x H7 plus I changed the 501 to LED 501) as I wanted to upgrade my wifes car as well, it worked out stupidly cheap . . . :thumbup:

Hi Simon, thanks for that. I will get in touch with them tomorrow. Did you notice a marked differance after fitting?
Cheers
Ewen:thumbup:

Senior

My brother is Junior
Reaction score
Visit site
they're brighter than stock, and cheap. Phillips X-treme Power bulbs will be better still but more expensive, but it's no where near doing HID projectors.

Do bd43's dual headlight mod, it makes a great difference . . . . :thumbup:

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
H7 for low beam, H4 for high beam. I've been extremely happy with Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs. Granted, they're no HID system, but they're certainly better than stock.

B4sok

Reaction score
Visit site

Hi Simon, I forgot to ask you what is the part number for the side lights?
Cheers
Ewen :thumbup:

REDHAWK22

aka willie
Reaction score
Visit site
they're brighter than stock, and cheap. Phillips X-treme Power bulbs will be better still but more expensive, but it's no where near doing HID projectors.

Do bd43's dual headlight mod, it makes a great difference . . . . :thumbup:

I just got this Phillips X-treme Power H7 but haven't installed it yet. I still have to get the H4 X-treme Power. Is it really that bright? I did tcmalkers dual headlight mod... No high beam. I hope putting these Phillips X-tremes H4 & H7 will compensate for not having a High Beam.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Philips MotoVision H4 and H7, straight swop for stock.

According to the parts manual for the 2004:

8G9–84314–00 BULB (12V-60/55W) (H4)HALOGEN
4SV–84314–00 BULB (12V-55W) (H7)HALOGEN
4SV–84347–00 BULB (12V-5W) sidelight/parklight

dolau

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought the stock bulbs were an H1 dip only and an H4 for the main bean and second dip conversion?