Cool Old BMW!!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not a nostalgic person. There were great days in the past but I don't lament or long for the good Ol days but if a song was good then it can be as good as it was then and maybe even a little better. I like what music and technology is happening today.

There are times when I really enjoy past stuff like this old Beemer I saw on the weekend in Ocean Beach, Ca.

I didn't know what year it was but took some phone pics and looked it up so I could share it with my friends on the FZ6 forum. :)

Sort of wish someone could give it a lil TLC.
Best I can find out is it's a 1963 BMW R60/2
Enjoy and check out the suspension and hinged rear fender.

IMG_20121208_125236_013.jpg

IMG_20121208_125303_882.jpg

IMG_20121208_125248_188.jpg

IMG_20121208_125337_239.jpg

Last edited:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
And their still using the boxer engine & telelever type frontend 50yrs later :thumbup:

Nobby

Reaction score
Visit site
A guy at work just got a brand new gs1200 triple black(fully loaded,gizmo wise)Very nice :thumbup:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool old bike, first photo is a URAL, not very fast though.

View attachment 45968

For more speed how about this, complete with kustom heat shield!!!

View attachment 45969

Lastly here is a more modern BMW - the one in the background. Bike in front is a Vincent also very nicely done.

View attachment 45970

Love the old bikes but when I go to ride there is nothing like the FZ6, fires right up (no choke to adjust), gets me there and back and puts a smile on my face.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool old bike, first photo is a URAL, not very fast though.

For more speed how about this, complete with kustom heat shield!!!

Lastly here is a more modern BMW - the one in the background. Bike in front is a Vincent also very nicely done.

Love the old bikes but when I go to ride there is nothing like the FZ6, fires right up (no choke to adjust), gets me there and back and puts a smile on my face.

Great pics! Nice turbo on the HD. :)

kilgore_trout

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up a 1976 R60/6 as a second bike this past season. It's a rideable project--needs paint and a whole lot of maintenance, but that's what winter is for!

It has a totally different personality from the FZ. It's a nice relaxing, clear your head kind of ride, compared with the get your pulse going FZ.

After riding the old Boxer, I laugh whenever I see posts up here saying how much it takes to get used to how the FZ shifts. Shifting on the FZ is silky smooth compared to the brutal CLUNK of the old BMW gearbox!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not just similar.. they're clones!!

Ural history: Ural Story of the Brand and History

Thank you! Great article! I was surprised HD did some copies of that same bike. I'm glad to see an old company like that generating interest and sales.

It has to be an interesting experience with the sidecar attached. Steering and especially harder braking....:)

Ural-M70-Anniversary-Edition_017.jpg

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
BMW Telelever forks didn't come out until the early '80s. This bike has a "Earles"-type fork, which was developed in England & used by BMW & MV Agusta from the early '50s through the late '60s. It was mainly designed to work well for sidecar duty.