Cooking / baking thread!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Apple wheat beer bread (going to go great with the slow cooked pork my wife made yesterday!)

i6lo.jpg

BajaBob

Reaction score
Visit site
Made this the other day, a parmesan bacon risotto. Also a pretzel bread that absolutely encompasses the pallette with flavor. I am not a traditionally trained chef I just pretend to be one in the kitchen.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Made Yorkshire pudding for the girls today

IMG_0006.JPG

generally they are eaten with meat, roast potatoes and gravy, but my kids love it with honey or jam, so I simply leave out the salt and make a big one for them :thumbup:

Last edited:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know that I've ever had Yorkshire Pudding, will have to give that a try.

T-bone here today.

T-Bone.jpg

I got the Big Green Egg up to 350, then roasted the onion, squash and potato until they were cooked, moved them to a 200F oven to keep warm. Adjusted the Egg to 700F, direct grilling, and the steak was done in a few minutes. I love that Egg cooker!
Oh, and home-grown chives on the potato! This is the first season I've been able to keep chives alive for more than a couple weeks, maybe I'm finally getting the hang of it.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another one from my night shift at the ED
aberebum.jpg

Fresh Hamburger topped with bacon and smoked cheese accompanied by sweet Pimento, tomato and cucumber salad, finished with hash browns.
As always all cooked on the George Foreman grill in the staff room.

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday on America's Test Kitchen they cooked up some Guinness Beef Stew, thought that sounded pretty tasty so I picked up the fixin's. Woke up this morning and it was snowing with accumulation, perfect stew day!
This recipe is essentially what they used: Guinness Beef Stew Recipe | Brown Eyed Baker

What's curious about this recipe is that the beef isn't browned in a skillet first; its stirred into the minimal broth (half the meat isn't covered) and cooked for 2.5 hours uncovered in a 325F oven, the exposed meat browns in the oven. It worked! The supermarket didn't have individual cans of Guinness, so I picked up a local brewery's dark:

uinta-baba-black-lager.jpg

It tasted just like Guinness, so it worked; guess I'd have to call the dish "Bababeef" stew… The house smells fantastic!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday on America's Test Kitchen they cooked up some Guinness Beef Stew, thought that sounded pretty tasty so I picked up the fixin's. Woke up this morning and it was snowing with accumulation, perfect stew day!
This recipe is essentially what they used: Guinness Beef Stew Recipe | Brown Eyed Baker

What's curious about this recipe is that the beef isn't browned in a skillet first; its stirred into the minimal broth (half the meat isn't covered) and cooked for 2.5 hours uncovered in a 325F oven, the exposed meat browns in the oven. It worked! The supermarket didn't have individual cans of Guinness, so I picked up a local brewery's dark:

It tasted just like Guinness, so it worked; guess I'd have to call the dish "Bababeef" stew… The house smells fantastic!

Well done, sir!! :thumbup:

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
im gonna be making a batch of my salsa here soon (its kinda expensive and i go through it really fast) i tried to video it before but my memory card was not cooperating with the GoPro... anyhoo, ill try to get it this time after the prep work so its not too long, and try to keep from using expletives (sentence enhancers) as well:spank:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
All this gastro goodness is making me want to try to make Pillsbury cookies again, this time WITHOUT the tape measure!

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
I had an idea a few days ago for a birthday cake for my friend. It turned out almost as well as I had imagined.

3n4JSTF.jpg

bgVOvl8.jpg

It's an "inception" cake. It's a black forest gateau with a cherry pie bake inside, and topped with 2 little cherry pies.

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I made this "fish pot" this afternoon. The salmon was on special offer I used a whole smoked mackerel (after removing head bones and tail) although I used cod from the freezer

SAM_0063.JPG

First sweated down a Fennell 2 onions and sliced carrotts (chopped finely).

gently fried salmon & cod and added to pot. Made a basic sauce and added different herbs and spices and added to pot. I added fried mushrooms as well. Added fresh chopped dill and parsley (from the garden).

After eating with my youngest daughter I made a couple of quick meals for my wife and daughter for this evening (we have a busy day today, with a parents evening at one school and my youngest going horse riding).

SAM_0064.JPG

Tomorrow we will eat the rest served with pasta and a salad :thumbup:

Last edited: