There we are :D

chocwaff.jpg

Woww... That looks great.:thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Found pics of more of the stuff I've made (was going through pics on external drive)

Brownies:

attachment.php

Blueberry cake:

attachment.php

Cheesecake:

attachment.php

Lemon cranberry scones with vanilla icing:

attachment.php

pcm2015

Reaction score
Visit site
Sad to say, this pretty much sum's up my cooking/baking abilites:

images

:(

Rest of your guy's cooking/baking looks great though, makin' me hungry! :thumbup:

Ramen noodles FTW!!
By the way Eric, don't ever invite me to your house. I won't leave until everything in sight is eaten! Good grief!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Eric, really why must this be the first thing I see this morning? ... you really know how to get someone's stomach going...

I say next group ride centers around your kitchen; before, (maybe during), and after :).

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Got myself a smoker today. Dad used to smoke great meat, since his passing his old smoker fell apart leaving me unable to give it a go. My uncle had this one laying around and gave it to me for free. A little tlc and ill be smoking away. Hope to make some post worthy stuff soon
null_zps522d4934.jpg

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
One of my favorite quick meals is a Jarlsberg cheese sandwich. I make it on toasted Boston sourdough bread (from Whole foods) with tomato, Vegemite and mayo.

I have to say these Aussies on the forum suggested the Vegemite and I'm hooked!
It gives a sandwich a special kick but if you've never had yeast products it might not be to your liking.

If you have a World Market store near you, you should be able to get it there. :)

IMG_20130513_121547_868.jpg

Me..I love the stuff on my sammy!
1360259396_kangaroo_om_nom_nom.gif

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
toast w vegemite sliced tomato and a poached egg little white pepper

now im gluten intolerant but have found a bakery that does a wicked olive bread so i drop the salty vegemite for the olives
but its all good
we aussies love a convert- goodonyer Cliff

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One of my favorite quick meals is a Jarlsberg cheese sandwich. I make it on toasted Boston sourdough bread (from Whole foods) with tomato, Vegemite and mayo.

I have to say these Aussies on the forum suggested the Vegemite and I'm hooked!
It gives a sandwich a special kick but if you've never had yeast products it might not be to your liking.

If you have a World Market store near you, you should be able to get it there. :)

IMG_20130513_121547_868.jpg

Me..I love the stuff on my sammy!
1360259396_kangaroo_om_nom_nom.gif

You need to try Marmite and Bovril
Both nicer than vegemite.
Pm me your Address Cliff and I will post some to you.

Nelly

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The scones are actually somewhat healthy, particularly if you skip the icing (but that would be silly!)

Here it is:

I begin by soaking 1 cup of dried cranberries overnight in orange liquor (Cointreau). If you don't want to use alcohol, orange juice will work nicely.
Strain the cranberries next morning and leave them in strainer while you make the dough.

3 cups of all-purpose flour (leave about 1/2 cup out.. you will need this to keep flouring your hands as you work the dough)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspoons of baking powder
3 tablespoons of sugar

3 ounces of melted butter (cooled to "just slightly warm")
6 ounces of yogurt
4 ounces of low fat (1%) milk
Zest of 3 oranges or lemons (I've also done combinations, 2 oranges + 1 lemon, etc)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Begin by using muffin method to combine ingredients. Once the dough turns sticky and hard to work with a spatula, flour your hands and work the dough manually. Keep kneading to work up all of the dry ingredients.

Form a ball and cut in half. Flatten both pieces by hand to resemble pizza crust. Cover one "crust" with cranberries (save some for the topping). Top this with your 2nd "crust" and pinch the sides.. press the whole thing down so it's about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 8 equal pieces (I've also done 16 miniature scones). Use few more cranberries on top of each piece (push the in, or they'll fall off while baking).

Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes.

Icing:

200 grams of powdered (confectioner') sugar (about 1.5 cups).
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3 tablespoons of milk.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with a fork until mixture is smooth.

When scones come out of the oven, place on drying rack over cookie sheet lined with parchment. Let cool for about 3 minutes and cover with icing. It helps to do this when scones are warm, but not too hot.

Enjoy!!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Made dessert for Father's Day. Vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup served on crisp beer waffle. Everything home-made :D

1e2n.jpg

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know why I keep checking this thread. Torture. Pure torture. :BLAA:

:justkidding: Great pics & since I'm not likely to make anything similar it is totally guilt free, calorie free. Yum.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw a video on my barbeque forum wherein the guy separated a chicken's skin from the meat, and then filling the pockets with mexican chorizo sausage. That sounded really good, so I tried it this morning. I brined the clucker yesterday, then let it air-dry in the fridge overnight, then pushed some fresh chorizo under the skin and onto the smoker with pecan wood.
I screwed up somehow on the temp, took it off way too early and the breasts were still undercooked, as was the chorizo. Tossed everything in a pan in the oven until the breast meat was cooked.
Whoa! It was a bit dried out from being cooked twice, but dayam that was tasty! I'm gonna have to experiment with this recipe, there's some fantastic potential.
For my European friends, mexican chorizo is a bit different than spanish chorizo. The mexican variety falls apart into a really fine grind and is hard to degrease; but stuffing it over chicken breasts allowed the meat to absorb some of it and the rest drain out. Yum!