agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Chicken Dahl- now this doesnt look apetising but it tastes excellent
(and for the vegos out there leave out the chicken)

a cup of red lentils, washed (or brown if you prefer for a different texture, pre-cooked til tender)
a small onion
3-4 cloves garlic
inch of fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
3-4 cloves
1/4teaspoon ground cardomon
1/4 teaspoon crushed caromon seeds
1/4-1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes or fresh chilli-depends how hot you like it
I/2 capsicum roughly chopped
250 grams chopped spinach
2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 chicken fillet cut in two cm cubes (roughly)

In a large saucepan or high sided frying pan, add few splashes of oil fry the onion til translucent then add garlic, ginger and chilli fry for 2-3 minutes, then add dry spices.
Keep an eye on it at this point as the dry ingredients soak up the oil and it can burn pretty easily, add a little more oil if you think its too dry and fry for a minute.
Add in the lentils and fry for 1 minute then add the stock and let it come back to the boil for a minute.
Add the raw cut chicken
Add in water so the mixture in the pan is cover by a centimetre of liquid, lower the heat so it is just simmering. put the lid on and check and stir every two-three minutes. (It will take about 20 minutes for the lentils to become mushy, but if you used brown lentils they will be soft but hold their shape)
at the twenty minute mark most of the liquid should be absorbed, if the lentils are still a bit too chewy add more liquid and keep cooking until it is the consistency you like.
Add the chopped spinach, mix it through and finally add the capsicum and stir until its hot

serve with basmati rice, lime or mango pickle and pappadums, microwave rather then deep fry them as a healthier alternative

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Panang curry with chicken, rice and home made naan bread.

I found the nigella sativa seeds to make the bread with. The seeds are also known as black cumin, Roman corriander, black seed, and onion seed.
It was the first time I've ever made any kind of bread and it turned out good! I also made some garlic butter to brush on the bread. :BLAA:

My wife and friends don't like it as hot as I do so I found this bottle of red chile sauce with the rooster on the front to add to my plate.
This took me 3 hours to make including the bread and it was really worth it! :)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Panang curry with chicken, rice and home made naan bread.

I found the nigella sativa seeds to make the bread with. The seeds are also known as black cumin, Roman corriander, black seed, and onion seed.
It was the first time I've ever made any kind of bread and it turned out good! I also made some garlic butter to brush on the bread. :BLAA:

My wife and friends don't like it as hot as I do so I found this bottle of red chile sauce with the rooster on the front to add to my plate.
This took me 3 hours to make including the bread and it was really worth it! :)

Well done, Cliff!! I'd hit that! :D

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I've recently come across preparing meat by brine where you soak the meet in a salt water solution mixed with other seasoning. It makes for some awesome cooking when I am using a rotissery (sp?) oven but it is also good for trilling too.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I trained to be a chef and worked in the restaurant trade for 13 years prior to Nursing.
My night shift group at work always get to benefit from my skills.
Theses are meals are cooked using a combination of George Forman grill, Microwave, slow cooker and toaster. We are limited to what we can do in the staff room lol. Happy cooking people.

1. Steak sandwich with tomato, beetroot and gherkin salad.
2. Fillet of salmon on a bed of couscous and red onion salad.
3. Pasta Bolognese with homemade garlic bread and Parmesan.
4. Fillet of salmon on Boulangere potatoes with roast root vegetables.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I trained to be a chef and worked in the restaurant trade for 13 years prior to Nursing.
My night shift group at work always get to benefit from my skills.
Theses are meals are cooked using a combination of George Forman grill, Microwave, slow cooker and toaster. We are limited to what we can do in the staff room lol. Happy cooking people.

1. Steak sandwich with tomato, beetroot and gherkin salad.
2. Fillet of salmon on a bed of couscous and red onion salad.
3. Pasta Bolognese with homemade garlic bread and Parmesan.
4. Fillet of salmon on Boulangere potatoes with roast root vegetables.

All of that looks really good :thumbup:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Energy bars (these things get me through MSF beautifully.. no real time to eat.. so I just eat a bar once every few hours :D )

Sure I can buy bars in the store, but what fun would THAT be?! (not to mention I control what goes into them)

energybars.jpg

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Energy bars (these things get me through MSF beautifully.. no real time to eat.. so I just eat a bar once every few hours :D )

Sure I can buy bars in the store, but what fun would THAT be?! (not to mention I control what goes into them)

energybars.jpg
Yummy, they look like flap jacks.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Today one of my daughters went to a slumber party, and the other one could choose what we ate, of course she chose "daddies" (roast) potatoes :thumbup:

View attachment 47421

First boil potatoes (bring cold water to the boil) for 3 minutes.
Drain in colander, roll the taters around a bit to get the edges " fluffy".
place in tray and coat in oil (sunflower or olive) making sure the potatoes are totally covered.
Sprinkle salt and garlic powder over them, we also like thyme but the kids don't.
Roast in pre heated oven at 180 celcius for 50-60 minutes.

being a "kiddies" meal it didn't really look pretty on the plate, with beefburgers, steamed vegies and all smothered in gravy ;)

Last edited:

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm gonna have to try some of these. Sounds wonderful! My poor hubby has had to revert to his bachelor days as I am working and going to school. I hardly have time for anything outside of that. I try to cook on the weekends but that isn't all the time either.

Sent from my world.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Chocolate syrup. It's going on waffles tomorrow morning :D

Had a bit left over, so I made chocolate milk with it.. mmmmmm

chocsyrup.jpg

Baci

Reaction score
Visit site
pook those avocado things look tasty, I have been on this avocado kick lately...yum.

pork crepes...yum.

Inspiring thread!

Here is my latest recipe I created..... no pics.....however Its a phenomenal burrito.

This mix(everything but the eggs) can be prepped the night before and then cook the eggs right before you eat them. I just cook the egg, and pour a scoop in the pan to heat and then toss in a tortilla

6-8 eggs(I cook my eggs to order, I typically put 1 in each burrito)
2 cups chicken breasts cooked and diced
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
3 green onions, diced
1/2 green pepper (pick two colors you enjoy)
1/2 yellow (pick two colors you enjoy)
1/2 medium/small Yellow onion
1 8oz block cream cheese(softened)
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 6-8 oz can salsa Verde(more if you want to garnish burritos when eating)
2 tsp cumin
1-2 cups sharp cheddar cheese(more or less depending on how much you want to garnish)
8 flour tortillas

Cook, drain and dice enough chicken breast to make 2 cups.

crack eggs in mixing bowl, 3 TBS of milk and blend well.

Saute peppers and onion with a few dashes of olive oil. cook until onions start to look translucent, I like to still have some crunch in my veggies. approx 3-5 min on medium heat. Add egg mixture and cook eggs(remember eggs still cook after removed from heat).

To make the filling, mix diced chicken, drained black beans, green onions, sauteed peppers & onions, and cumin in a large mixing bowl. Thoroughly incorporate all the ingredients.

In a large saucepan on low-medium heat, mix the cream cheese,drained tomatoes and about half the salsa verde, only use enough to help things mix too much and it will make things soggy. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
When thoroughly combined, add the chicken mixture.***Just put in fridge if you are going to eat it later, heat it up before serving**** Heat on low-medium heat, not too hot just enough warm things up nicely.

metallicat

Reaction score
www.KhandrosDesigns.com
Chocolate syrup. It's going on waffles tomorrow morning :D

Had a bit left over, so I made chocolate milk with it.. mmmmmm

chocsyrup.jpg

Do you remember that place we went w/ Smersh a year or two ago w/ the waffles? I say we go again... unless you want to have a FZ6 Forum bake off :)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you remember that place we went w/ Smersh a year or two ago w/ the waffles? I say we go again... unless you want to have a FZ6 Forum bake off :)

Yeah that place was VERY good! I'd definitely visit it again.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I used to cook alot more than I do now. But on Friday nights I always cook for my wife. My two best dishes are Chicken Marsala and Pasta with a Pancetta, lemon, cream and Asparagus sauce with freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. I'll try and remember to post pics.....:D

Last edited: