Converting your '06 FZ6 seat to the '09 FZ6S seat

billiam46

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone tried it, or does anyone know if its possible?
...Sorry...subject typo.... '09 FZ6R

Last edited:
I believe there should be no issues. The seat design has not changed since 04.

Even TOp Saddelry lists seats for the FZ6 as "03 and up". It should fit just fine.

This would truly be a one of a kind mod. I would love to see it (and possibly do it if my fiance gets her own bike instead of riding with me), but i dont know if it would be feasible due to the plastics overall in the seat area are different. May have to ask at the parts counter or (shamed to say it) wait for someone to drop their '09 FZ6R and have the seat not damaged, although very unlikely....

Best of luck to you, post any info you get about this mod

I believe there should be no issues. The seat design has not changed since 04.

Even TOp Saddelry lists seats for the FZ6 as "03 and up". It should fit just fine.

I dont know Bone, Looking at a magazine today (The new R1 is going to turn heads) I saw an ad for the FZ6R, and it has a two piece seat like a CBR600RR. That kind of conversion is going to take a little bit of work

I dont know Bone, Looking at a magazine today (The new R1 is going to turn heads) I saw an ad for the FZ6R, and it has a two piece seat like a CBR600RR. That kind of conversion is going to take a little bit of work

I'm pretty sure Boneman was referring to the FZ6 seat, not FZ6R. As the thread title says FZ6S.

Usually you want to read the post as well as the title before posting :spank: lol

Well unfortunately we are not all as perfect as you sir. There was a typo in the OP title.
Converting your '06 FZ6 seat to the '09 FZ6S seat

I was referring to 06 FZ6 to 09 FZ6 and yes that will work.

Since were are now talking about the FZ6R, then I would have to correct my response with , No. It might be able to be done with some serious moddifications, but it most certainly wont be a direct swap.

Last edited:
I saw a thread somewhere that a 2007 seat fits a 2006 but the fit around the tank is not too clever and it sticks up a little high at the back, just something I remember reading..FWIW

Back