Contemplating a ride...suggestions?

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Dunno if I'm gonna do it or not but I have a weeks vacation July 21 thru July 28 and I need a change of scenery. The g/f and I just split and the idea of getting out of town sounds freakin awesome to me.
If I do this I will be starting out of northern Delaware but currently have no destination or route. I love camping but don't think I wanna carry camp gear on the bike so I'll haave to find hotels or motels for the night. I love meeting new ppl, so of course that would be a plus and any forum member that's up for a meet-n-greet ride let me know:D....
My thoughts are a 1 or 2 day ride....Any suggestions???

Of course, my other option is to blow 1k on a last minute, week long hotel stay in Ocean City, Maryland (with my fav 30-pack or two) which doesn't sound too horrible either...eh minus the whole thousand bucks thing:rolleyes:

So, any suggestions?:rockon:

Last edited:

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
I just came back form the Deals Gap area and it was awesome. Adrenaline, speed and curves everything a person could ask for. Also there are plenty of hotels and motels to stay at. :thumbup:

Keits

Dela-Where?
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
I just came back form the Deals Gap area and it was awesome. Adrenaline, speed and curves everything a person could ask for. Also there are plenty of hotels and motels to stay at. :thumbup:

Just checked out dealsgap.com....It does look pretty cool:thumbup:

rbesr

Reaction score
Visit site
Avoid the big draw areas like Deal's Gap. Plan a route through West Virginia and northern Virginia. Many miles of fantastic roads to ride. The area around Seneca Rocks is a good jumping off point. Add to this the fact that the traffic and congestion will be a lot less than around the Dragon.

MarineMom

Reaction score
Visit site
If you like tourists and traffic but a lot of fellow bikers go Deal's Gap if you want peace quiet and AWESOME riding go West Virginia. The roads get debris on some of them but get swept up early mornings, I rode a few YEEHAW mountains couple years ago there and would prefer to go back there but I am old and adrenalin is somewhat overrated for me. I like the whole package of scenery and twisties. Seneca is a great area but anywhere in WV is cool. There are locals that do tours and can recommend nice rides too.