Contacting Madstad Engineering

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know how to get in touch with these guys? I have called and e-mailed both and get no response. I would like to order one of their windshileds with the robo-brackets but have no idea which one I need for my 09' FZ6. I have dialed the number on the web page and get only the answering machine. I have e-mailed and egt no response in 4 days.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
They look like a small company so I'd give them some more time to get back to you. Looking at the site, I'd say you'd probably need to go universal. The FZ1 on there is universal. If they want a test FZ6, I'll ride mine down there. lol.

tcmalker

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Would you want to do business with someone who won't even pick up the phone or reply to your email? What would you do if something goes wrong (shipping, warranty issues, etc)? Good luck!

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Mark got in touch with me today. Spent lots of time on the phone with me to go over the specifics. I ordered their shield with the correct mounting system and it should be here next week. He explained that they have been backed up a bit trying to complete some orders.

The correct mounting system was my biggest concern. I read a bunch on them on ADVrider myself and it was all good.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
very cool. post some pics. more people should know about this for the fz6. i have one coming for my f800gs. seems like an awesome idea. best of both worlds, really.........

Krazyjohnny

Reaction score
Visit site
Exactly what i was thinking OMG_WTF. Love the F800GS by the way. It was just a bit out of my price range when I was shopping for my first street bike. All of my friends ride sport bikes so I went with the herd this time. The F800Gs had the smoothest trans I have ever experienced on a bike. Of Course my previous experience had been dirt bikes, four wheelers and even way back to three wheelers.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
i've been riding around with my madstad and i really like it.

quick review (on my f800gs):
i took the hwy and then some backroads.
on the highway, it did a good job of redirecting the air over me w/o much turbulence, i got the bike up to 90mph on the hwy at some points.
i have a shoei hornet helmet, which has a peak on it. i'd know if the air stream hits me at hwy speeds.

it was a hot day, so my concern was how much air flow i'd get. i got enough. i was not hot. on some touring screens i would have been. one thing that helps is that i never put the winglets on. the winglets come with the f650gs and f800gs madstad screen. i'll do that for the winter. but for now, the extra airflow is needed. the air hits me on the side: biceps and arm pits. the air isn't pushing me back on the hwy.

overall i like it.
how did i get the magic angle that's good for hwy and street?
i simply extended the windscreen as far out as possible to maximize the laminar flow, and then placed it roughly the same angle as the stock screen.
ymmv, of course.

the madstad bracket does jiggle and hit my headlight, though. the oem bracket it is attached to jiggles as well. don't know if that's a problemo.

best of both worlds!
definitely could have used this for my fz6.
previously the windscreen options for a 2006 or earlier were slim.

i won't take me 30 seconds to adjust the windshield, though.
more like 10 minutes.
but still, it can be done quickly on an all-day ride or epic trip. :thumbup:
here's a pic of the tinted version, with winglets. not my bike --too lazy for pics.
5334479321_4322ae7457_b.jpg

Last edited: