CONFIRMED! FZ6R-->FZ6 front fender swap

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Ha, ha...true. And yours is also a '08 model, meaning you've got a completely different front fender from the '04-'06 models. So...:rolleyes:

Hey man, I'm just trying to get my "slightly annoying" troll quota in with my "I have nothing to add to this thread, but I just wanted to be included" post.

Kind of like this post! :BLAA:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey man, I'm just trying to get my "slightly annoying" troll quota in with my "I have nothing to add to this thread, but I just wanted to be included" post.

Kind of like this post! :BLAA:

Sorry, Downrange...I shouldn't have come off like that at you. I apologize! :thumbup:

However, this post is awesome and made me laugh...:D

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't take it that way. I just saw the opportunity to get my troll on, while saying I was just getting my troll on. And I took it. It's like trollception.

So at what point does the :hijack: become successful?

(Always thought the carpet should match the drapes... um, so to speak. Glad you got that figured out. BTW)

fergie.g

Lives for the ride!
Reaction score
Visit site
LOOKS BEAUTIFUL MANG!

Love the Honda Genuine Parts Box... LMFAO.

This is good news, I want to get this done too. Just need the cash flow...nuhwutiamsayin'. How much did the fender run you?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't take it that way. I just saw the opportunity to get my troll on, while saying I was just getting my troll on. And I took it. It's like trollception.

So at what point does the :hijack: become successful?

(Always thought the carpet should match the drapes... um, so to speak. Glad you got that figured out. BTW)

Ha, ha...ah well, I apologize anyway. :D

And I'm with you on the carpet matching the drapes (LOL)...that black stock fender always bugged me. And obviously Yamaha realized it didn't look as good since they went with the color matched fenders on the '07-'09 models. I'm just making up for their 3 years of "whoops". :D

LOOKS BEAUTIFUL MANG!

Love the Honda Genuine Parts Box... LMFAO.

This is good news, I want to get this done too. Just need the cash flow...nuhwutiamsayin'. How much did the fender run you?

Thanks! And yeah, the Honda parts box kinda worried me at first...lol. I was like, oh lord, what in the world have they done??? Fortunately, the right part was inside!

And the fender cost me about $75 shipped from Ron Ayers. As I said before, it did take a while (a bit over 2 weeks) to get it, but in the end, it's completely worth it!

OMG!!! That r6 fork mod is even easier!!! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Yep! It works just fine with the R6 forks! Mod away! :rockon:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
Wait, what if you dont have the r6 forks? Will it still work?

yes it would simply bolt on to the existing mounting points on the fork legs of your 06, no hassle, as said before they are the exact same fender just color coded on the fz6r..unbolt the black one, take off the grommets and the clip that hold the brake lines to the fender, transefer them to the new fender and bolt it back, its two large screws in front of the fork legs and two small bolts just on top of the brake caliper and your set!

i was gonna buy it myself but then i decided to paint my fender, but it did not match exactly the blue of the bike, so i did the 07' fork mod and got a perfectly matching blue 07 fender on my 06!

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up going the same direction, but by painting a new stock black fender. :D

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Will this fender fit an 07 Fz6? I want a black one for my bike.

It might fit with some good fender tab work, but why go to the trouble? The '04-'06 fenders are completely different than the '07-'09 ones. Plus, you can buy a black stock fender brand new from somewhere like Ron Ayers that's intended for the black FZ6 (there was no black model in the '04-'06 model years).