Compatible Wheels to FZ6

Symba2000

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone out there knew the answer to this question. I've actually done some research online and even called several Yamaha dealers. In my online search, I found an informal chart of wheels compatible between the R6(s) and FZ6... both from varying years. The results were somewhat useful.

I've called 3 different Yamaha dealers, even ones FAR away from me... all yielding unsure answers. I was wondering if you guys might know.

I have a 2006 FZ6. Both my wheels have cracks on them from a recent tiff with a rock on the freeway. I looked on Craigslist and found a set of 2006 R6 (NOT the R6S) wheels.

One dealer said that it would work because the part number of the wheels was the same on the R6 as the FZ6. Another dealer said that it might not work because the bolt pattern of the rotor might be different because the R6 rotor is much bigger than ours... meaning I can't just transfer my rotor from my old wheels to the R6 ones I want to purchase.

My online research states that the the 2006 R6S is compatible... but does not mention whether or not the normal R6 is comaptible.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does anyone know whether or not I can bolt on everything from my old wheel to the "new" ones? Nothing else was damaged on my old wheels other than the wheels and tires. Rotors are fine, calipers weren't touched, etc etc.

Anyone information would be very helpful. Thanks guys!

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '06 FZ6 and when I cracked my rear wheel I replaced it with a wheel from an R6. According to the parts books they had the same number. Not sure on the difference between the R6 & R6S :confused:

Edit;
I used my rotors and there was no problems.
EBay was the best deal I could find

Last edited: