Comfort Seat - Proof as standard equipment

jeepinoutwest

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Folks, my 2009 FZ6 did not come with the "comfort seat". I was under the impression that it was standard equipment for 2009. Can anyone point me to documentation that says so. The Yamaha web site no longer lists it as standard but I could swear it used to.

jeepinoutwest

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the headsup on the goof in my profile and thanks for the info that the comfort seat is europe only. This is my baby.

Picture006.jpg

Last edited:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
In the UK, the 2009 bikes have the silver frame as well as comfort seat and ABS (which also came with the 2008). Damn the seat looks sexy on them! Of course, it costs several hundred pounds more than the 2008 too!

copperhd5

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine did not come w/comfort seat either. I had initially thought the comfort seat was one of the changes for "09 as stated on the website (I kept looking at the seat thinking I maybe the seat had been switched, but I had no referrence). I purchased the Yamaha Gel seat, though haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Mine did not come w/comfort seat either. I had initially thought the comfort seat was one of the changes for "09 as stated on the website (I kept looking at the seat thinking I maybe the seat had been switched, but I had no referrence). I purchased the Yamaha Gel seat, though haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

What was the cost, of the OEM Gel seat?

pedge1

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't waste your money on the "Comfort" seat - Send your stock seat to Spencer Page 1 and have it reworked. My dealer let me try a "Comfort" seat for a week and I couldn't tell any real difference other that the gel retained the sun's heat and stayed hot for most of my commute. The seat modded by Spencer was a night and day difference. Better in all aspects - Supercore material is superior to any gel seat. Total cost with shipping was $115.00.