Colored water for TB sync tool?

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in the process of building a TB sync tool (BTW, an aquarium airline manifold does not work). I'd like to just use some colored water if possible to make cleanup much easier when I'm done. I know it is not nearly as viscous as ATF or oil, but will it work?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
It may work but water will bounce around in there much more than oil and cause it to be hard to read and work with. Why do you need to worry about clean up? I've had my Manometer for 2 years now, I just leave it full of the oil, hang it up with tape over the ends to keep dust/bugs out.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard of the fluid coking up or staining the tubing. I'm also going to be moving in the next few months and it would be easier to transport if it were empty.

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
How about using a cooking oil? This could be used and drained without too much mess or environment impact. You could also look into using screws or other means to plug the ends with or without the oil in there to prevent contamination.

Or, at the cost of vinyl tubing, just throw away and purchase new after your move.