cold tires are a real pain

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I finished the repairs today and to be honest it's a blessing in disguise as this repair is much better cosmetically than my first attempt.
I'm glad you only have muscular injuries, they can still be as painful as broken bones. If you can take them try some NSAID like Ibuprofen in combination with regular Paracetamol.
Take care mate,

Nelly:thumbup:

Picture #2 should be #1

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ha ha i hadnt thought about that
the good lady wife has since confirmed there was a bunch of frosty ice everywhere this morning
she had to scrape it off the car before she headed to work my bad for not paying due attention

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !
I was wondering what caused you to come off, the road looks pretty innocuous.

Neil

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you made it out in decent shape body and bike.

I ride like a grandma in rain or cold pavement, just don't trust the traction on 2 wheels because as you learned you can't safely spin tires on a bike and make it out ok if you aren't expecting it. :thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering what caused you to come off, the road looks pretty innocuous.

Neil

thanks Neil, yeah I have looked at it too, straight after I went down and on the few really cold mornings this week.
There is no black ice its just as frosty as, first thing in the morning, ice forms on car windscreens etc . I can only surmise that there is a little bit of silty clay dust on the road form the vacant site over the road from home and maybe that was the cause not the icy cold conditions?
It could be that this time I was just bloody unlucky. least I have been lucky with the ribs, today the chest is even better, woke up and I could actually roll over in bed with out sudden pains. Still dont want to sneeze tho, thats the worst! like being punched in the chest

BamBam

Reaction score
Visit site
i read your post and forgot you lived in Australia...i thought, "where does he live that he is getting ice and frost now??? lol...

glad you're ok and hope the repairs aren't too costly!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Repairs are only replacing an oggy knob(slider) and about 50ml of coolant