Code 19

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
Bike was running fine, no issues, I install PC3 load my map for TBs exhaust and air filter, bike starts, no issues. Ride the bike to and from work, no problems, park the bike for 10 days and come back and it won't start, cranks over and displaying code 19, cranks over again and it displays code 15, 13. I remove the PC3 and bike starts and runs fine. I will be reinstalling maps hopefully tonight, anything else I should look at?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Check that ground wire! All roads lead to Rome and it almost sounds like the ECU is loosing signals from the PCommander. Recheck your wiring and any vacuum lines. :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, while every connector is "APART" look very closely at the condition, depth, color, alignment of both the male and female connectors. It sounds like one is not making a good connection. Listen for the "lock sound" too.

Something as simple as a piece of rubber seal hanging in the path of a mating connector can impair a good contact maybe forcing the actual mating pins out of alignment. Give them a good once over...

7UPyours

Reaction score
Visit site
ad a chance to look at the bike since this started happening even without pc3 and the conclusion is......same issue as nauromancer was having with his ignition switch. Bike didn't want to start, and I just barely touched the key, engine light went off, bike started no problem. So is wd40 or lock easy the only solution here?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ad a chance to look at the bike since this started happening even without pc3 and the conclusion is......same issue as nauromancer was having with his ignition switch. Bike didn't want to start, and I just barely touched the key, engine light went off, bike started no problem. So is wd40 or lock easy the only solution here?

WD40 is okay for initial water displacement but it should be followed with a silicone lube. WD40 will get gummy as time goes on so a regular lock lube would be better.
Is there a contact problem or is the key sticking?