Co Settings question...

kawwikid

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok guys and gals,
I know that this subject has been beaten to a pulp on the board. I have done many searches and all of my questions have been answered about this subject, but this one. Let me explain...
I have a 2006 FZ6 that im the second owner of. I picked up the bike at a dealer here in town, and just by looking at what was done and replaced on the bike before I bought it I could tell there had been a couple of mods, like exhaust and it has a fender eliminator kit. Anyway, the exhaust had been put back to stock before I bought it, but im pretty sure the guy didnt re-set the Co seetings back to stock, as they where much higher than I have seen on a any FZ6 for a stocker and higher than the yamaha bikes that I have had in the past. Co 1 was set at 5 and Co 2 was at 15. I had an A/F check done with a sniffer and it was reading on the rich side. So, heres my question, what are/is the general consensus on what the stock Co numbers average? I would like to have this info so that I can have a base point to tune from..Thanks for all and any help...

Sean

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm just trying to follow this thread and have no clue what a "Co" is.
:don'tknow:

Also, for those who like to abbreviate, it really makes searching your posts tough.

Thanks,

Dennis

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
As I understand it, the CO numbers can be anywhere from -200 to + 200, and are typically within 20 of zero from the factory. A 5 and a 15 don't seem out of whack to me..... but I haven't bothered to check mine, as it's all OEM at this point.

There are threads you can search for the proceedure to adjust the CO numbers; I was led to believe the US models require a jumper to be installed to allow adjustment of the CO values.

kawwikid

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah,
Im pretty down on the way to see the Co numbers, I was just wondering if there was an average starting point that most US bikes came in at..Thanks though...

fazerpt

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys
I read the manual and there it says to set the CO density to standard and then to set the CO values in the display...

What is setting the CO density to standard?

Greetings