Clymers Manual?

Bigheath410

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I bought my first bike about a year ago, and It just happened to be an 04 FZ6, and Ive loved it ever since. Ive done pretty well by searching these forums, Im somewhat mechanically inclined, and Ive done some minor repairs such as oil changes, replacing turn signals/headlight bulbs, and installing a battery charger, but havent had many problems other than that. Since Im still a relative noob, and I have no experience with more in depth motorcycle repairs, I would like to have a Clymers manual or something similar to consult when doing things like adjusting chain tension, working on brakes, etc. Ive searched the forums, and have determined that there doesnt seem to be one for and fz6 of the 2004 vintage.

My mom works at a local library and brought home a manual for the R6 99-04, and my question is, how different mechanically is the R6 from the FZ6? Are they similar enough that the manual for an r6 would be a good reference for the FZ?

Thanks in advance

Bigheath410

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies. And Im sure this has been asked a thousand times, but maybe not in this application but how far off from the R6 is the FZ6? If I am unable to find a haynes manual at a library near by, should I go out and buy one, or are they mechanically similar enough that the Clymer book for the R6 would tell me what I need to know?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies. And Im sure this has been asked a thousand times, but maybe not in this application but how far off from the R6 is the FZ6? If I am unable to find a haynes manual at a library near by, should I go out and buy one, or are they mechanically similar enough that the Clymer book for the R6 would tell me what I need to know?
IIRC, its close but different enough that I would use the Haynes book.

B4sok

Reaction score
Visit site
Pm me your email address and I'll try and send you the fz6 workshop manual I have on PDF.
Cheers
Ewen