Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gees I wish I'd known about Powersports a couple of weeks ago!

I have just bought the parts and shipped them to your address, KN - hopefully you will have them this week!

Cost me $US24inc shipping, so I'm not unhappy with that at all!

Cheers,
Rick

EDIT: Just sent through the $US50 too. Thanks!

Woot!!! :)

karlj000

Reaction score
Visit site
Payment sent for two sets today... Parts for two bikes will go out express mail tomorrow. I understand I'm a little late to this party and I don't want you to have to wait for me. Thanks a lot, Killernoodle!

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some of the jigs and tools I made for the job. It made doing this a whole lot faster and easier on me.

I built a little rivet tool to hammer the rivets out of the stock levers. Then I built one to hold the levers in my band saw, then I built one to hold the splined shafts on my lathe to clean up what the band saw left behind. Next I've got to build one to bend the levers at just the right angle and another to hold them in place while welding. Progress was pretty good... until...

Last edited:

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Look at the bright side... at least it wasn't a nice car... oh, wait...

Sorry to hear. Is it lowered or is that from the weight of the tree?

I watched in horror a few years ago when my Mazda was raped by grape-sized hail. At the time, it was the end of the world. I think back on that night and laugh. Wife and I still went to see Wilco in the newly golf-balled car. Insurance took care of the $4,000 bill. I realize now that it's not worth stressing over crap like this but I still have a lingering fear of frozen rain.

Last edited:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Look at the bright side... at least it wasn't a nice car... oh, wait...

Sorry to hear. Is it lowered or is that from the weight of the tree?

I watched in horror a few years ago when my Mazda was raped by grape-sized hail. At the time, it was the end of the world. I think back on that night and laugh. Wife and I still went to see Wilco in the newly golf-balled car. Insurance took care of the $4,000 bill. I realize now that it's not worth stressing over crap like this but I still have a lingering fear of frozen rain.

The V is on lowering springs, but is aided by the extra couple hundred pounds of wood sitting on the trunk lol

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
Just saw the thread, I've wanted this for a long time... Only issue is I'm in the bush until Thursday, and my credit card was hacked so I can't order anything until Friday... Can I still get in on the deal? This is the #1 thing I want to fix on my bike.

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully you've been too busy working on the levers to throw an update on here, KN. :BLAA: I just want to make sure I will have them by next week so I can really enjoy memorial weekend! :D

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Looking to order these as well. My left arm was aching after a 6 hour ride last weekend. Is it too late?

If I remember correctly, Killernoodle asked for newcomers to wait until he has finished the current batch. When those who have levers in order for this batch receive their new and improved ones and replace their originals, Killernoodle will get some cores in return. At that time, he will be ready for a new round, I think he said.

Anyone - please correct me if I'm wrong. :spank:

crownline99

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up Popeye..I don't want to miss out on this opportunity. I will be going on some long rides this summer (including a ride from NY state to Tennessee) and the clutch is killing my arm keeping up with my buddy on his Hayabusa.

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm making progress guys, but you must all realize that welding these things is VERY tricky. If I get too much heat on the splined part, It'll burn through and melt the splines. I've got about 10 levers welded, 1 got messed up on the splines and I'll have to fix it. It takes me about 10 minutes to get each lever in a jig, everything straightened, tacked, removed from the jig, then fully welded. I still need to do the hangers too, glass blast everything, then powder coat everything. It might take me a week or two to finish this first batch of levers, but I promise I'm working on them in all of my limited free time.

For those of you who haven't ordered yet and still want to get a lever, wait until I finish this first batch. I'll let everyone know when I start getting cores back from the first rounders and how many, that way I don't end up with more cores than I have lever blanks. I have 49 lever blanks, so I'll be making 49 levers maximum. When I get the first batch finished, we shouldn't need anyone else to order cores, so I'll let everyone know when they can order round 2.

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
It might take me a week or two to finish this first batch of levers, but I promise I'm working on them in all of my limited free time..

F-beans!! I should have waited for the 2nd round. Sounds like I'll be skipping my memorial weekend ride. Oh well. I'll have to enjoy my other favorite thing that starts with a 'b'. BEER!! :D

I do appreciate you doing this and keeping us updated, though.