Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can I buy a completed set from you, or do I have to source donor parts?

Also, I must use the entire clutch pull, otherwise there seems to be some extra friction meshing the gears.

Obviously this mod will change the amount of cable pull, do you think that will have too great an effect?

Cheers,
Rick

Last edited:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
I talked to the CNC guy today, he was finally able to open my file and give me a quote. Looks like they'll be $7 each x 50 levers :eek: I guess stainless ain't cheap :rockon:. He is going to make the run of parts and let me know when he is shipping them to me.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
KN, sorry to be a pain, but I'm still looking for a answer to my questions posed above. Do I need to send you anything or can you make me up a set without donor parts please? (as to that, if anyone would be so kind as to source be the required parts in the US, I can pay you immediately via Paypal)

Cheers,
Rick

Randomchaos

Flaming Hot Doughnut
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can get the parts ordered for ya, or if you don't mind waiting, you can use my core parts as your parts once I get the modified part from KN :). Just let me know!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
RandomChaos, that is most generous!

Honestly, whichever is going to be easier for you - I'm happy to wait as long as KN is going to do another batch!

Please just let me know how much you want for the parts. (or if a breaker or wrecker has some now, maybe I can get in this batch?)

PM me and we'll chat!

Cheers,
Rick

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I can get the parts ordered for ya, or if you don't mind waiting, you can use my core parts as your parts once I get the modified part from KN :). Just let me know!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RandomChaos, that is most generous!

Honestly, whichever is going to be easier for you ......., maybe I can get in this batch?)

PM me and we'll chat!

Cheers,
Rick

Ahh this is good Rick, it beats waiting til mine are done and sending from Aus.
I was gonna try another vic wreckers for you, but KN figures on he'll have returns. I might check em out anyways.
and with your clutch... is it the adjust ment that meands you have to pull all the way in. On mine I can just pull the clutch aboutn a cm after the lever slack and shift, (certainly anything after 1st)

karlj000

Reaction score
Visit site
If you are just now planning to order, I'd pass if I were you and wait for the second round when the cores from the first round come in. There is no guarantee everyone will send in cores and there is no guarantee you will be able to get 2, but the supplies of parts from dealers are starting to dry up I think.

Well too late. I already ordered the parts and they're in my hand now. :D

Perhaps I'm particularly dense (or impatient - there are 50+ pages in this thread), but I'm having difficulty figuring out:

1. If I can still get in on this opportunity.

2. Where to PayPal the money (and the amount, including the shipping).

3. Where to send you the parts.

Sorry if this seems dumb, but I did scan through all of these pages and while I'll admit to not reading every post, I didn't see any mailing addresses...

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to get a hold of the clutch slave lever and whatever else cures this sharp clutch.

I've read some of the post but like the previous post said, but i don't see how to go about getting on in on it.

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Well too late. I already ordered the parts and they're in my hand now. :D

Perhaps I'm particularly dense (or impatient - there are 50+ pages in this thread), but I'm having difficulty figuring out:

1. If I can still get in on this opportunity.

2. Where to PayPal the money (and the amount, including the shipping).

3. Where to send you the parts.

Sorry if this seems dumb, but I did scan through all of these pages and while I'll admit to not reading every post, I didn't see any mailing addresses...

You can change the number of posts per page in the settings. I'm only seeing 14 pages.

The relevant information:

Ship to:
Reini Grauer
7417 Stone Mountain Ct
Charlotte, NC 28262

Payment:
Paypal address is [email protected]
Price is $50 to have your parts modified.
MAKE SURE YOUR FORUM USERNAME AND MAILING ADDRESS IS IN THE PAYPAL POST!!!

Parts:
Slave lever: 5VX-16340-00-00
Clutch cable holder: 5VX-15441-00-00

BTW guys:
View attachment 42210
View attachment 42211

Got these bad boys in today, looks like I've got a lot of work ahead of me :eek:

If I get a spare minute tomorrow before hanging out with mom, I'll get started on them.

Last edited:

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I heard this is one of the must-have mods. Do I have time to get in? I will order and have shipped to you ASAP.

Or am I too late :-(

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Where is the cheapest place to order the two Yamaha bits to send directly to you? I can't do without my bike and don't want the additional hassle of sending bits across to the US anyway!

Cheers

NorCal FZ6

Just some dude
Reaction score
Visit site
In general, I can't imagine the part being too expensive. Alot of people ordered from Ron Ayers, Powersports Plus. I myself ended up just finding a random Yamaha dealership and the parts arrived within a week. You might give this a shot. Try Boats.net or Bike Bandit.com there parts are cheap, and one of them is based in Florida. Not too far from the Carolina's.

I would just try and get that part. The benefits to some far out weigh the hassle.

Last edited:

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Where is the cheapest place to order the two Yamaha bits to send directly to you? I can't do without my bike and don't want the additional hassle of sending bits across to the US anyway!

Cheers

Both Ron Ayers and Powersports Plus have OK prices, and can ship to Killernoodle. The prices may differ with a couple of dollars from shop to shop, but I didn't have the time to check any other stores for the lowest possible price. I checked Ron Ayers and Powersports Plus, and their prices were OK. Compared to Norwegian prices, the parts are almost free anyway...

I ordered through Powersports Plus, because Ron Ayers wouldn't let me order with a Norwegian credit card and then ship to a US postal address.

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gees I wish I'd known about Powersports a couple of weeks ago!

I have just bought the parts and shipped them to your address, KN - hopefully you will have them this week!

Cost me $US24inc shipping, so I'm not unhappy with that at all!

Cheers,
Rick

EDIT: Just sent through the $US50 too. Thanks!

Last edited: