Clutch adjustments??

grunt1

Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ only has about 2700 miles on it, and I'm noticing that I have to almost let the clutch all the way out for it to engage. I probably let it out about 3/4 of the way. Is this normal? I didn't see anywhere to make an adjustment. Thanks!

Mine was just adjusted today at the shop, but they made it sound pretty easy. There apparently is some adjustment that can be done where the cable enters the box. I can't offer any more than that though. Good luck. After 770 miles, mine was pretty loose.

My FZ only has about 2700 miles on it, and I'm noticing that I have to almost let the clutch all the way out for it to engage. I probably let it out about 3/4 of the way. Is this normal? I didn't see anywhere to make an adjustment. Thanks!

There are 2 places of adjustment on the clutch.

1st, there is the large adjusting "screw" (and I use that term loosley, not sure of the correct name) where the cable meets the clutch lever. You can wind this out to reduce slackness in the lever. (Does the lever move much without engaging the clutch at all???)

The 2nd spot, is down below the tank, (should be between the airbox and the frame) there is an adjuster there.

Pretty easy to do, but if you're not sure, take it to a mechanic and they'll fix it for ya.

:rockon:

Back