Clutch about to die?????

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction or has experienced something similar.

Mines an '08 model coming up on 37,000 kilometers. Last service 8,000 kilometers ago. Noticed last night & on the way to work today that my clutch lever is approx 70-80% released before reaching the friction point. My obvious concern is running out of clutch!

At the moment I have not noticed any difference in how the bike changes gear whether up or down. I gave the clutch adjusted 1 full turn out this morning & all I noticed was a little firmer lever, still reaching the FP at about the same amount of lever release.

Any thoughts/help will be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
the engagement of clutch out that far is normal. You didnt notice this until now? If you want to test your clutch, while riding, do hard accelerations and let offs in 3rd and 4th gear, if you feel a slipping sensation under acceleration then your clutch is going. But dont break the rear tire loose.:Flash:

Disco

A Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I could just be paranoid as I do ride 3 different bikes a week & do notice little things after not being on one of them for a while. The VStrom starts to get drive/ hitting the friction point barely releasing the lever & I have been riding it the last few days.

The FZ's friction point is all the way out at that 70-80% I mention. Know you don't get full drive till you let the lever all the way out :thumbup:

Will try the hard roll ons on the way home tonight :thumbup:

tjhess74

boo-yah!
Reaction score
Visit site
i havent had my 08 fz6 for very long, but the clutch friction zone being way out there was my first (and only) complaint. member 'killernoodle' makes a new clutch pivot arm that greatly improves this issue. it also took care of the tremendous amount of pull required. now the clutch feels 'normal'.

search for the clutch levers in the mod section.