Click to view thread

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I will refrain from good-natured humour, for fear of upsetting anyone due to a well-meaning jest.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EovGV13FAhQ]YouTube - Why you should warm-up your tires[/ame]

15030345-IMG_2027.jpg

Last edited:

jrf

Reaction score
Visit site
So I take it that it was you, who lowsided?:eek: You jumped right up so if it was you I take it that you are alright.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So I take it that it was you, who lowsided? You jumped right up so if it was you I take it that you are alright.

yeah, that was me. :) I was back out on the next session. lol. I got very excited as it was the first open session of the day (i.e. not following the instructor at a very slow pace). I was behind an old guy on a V-Strom and wanted to get by him asap. Didnt let tires warm up. :)

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
nice lowside lone! hehe

Props for going to the track to do your crashing :D

BTW, didn't they instruct you not to stop in case of a crash? That guy on the v-strom almost stopped in the middle of the track to check you out!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Textiles are ok if they are of the heavier variety. But honestly they are a waste mine got shredded instantly if i had gone for a slide and wasnt wearing extra knee-shin pads under ( i was wearing an additional set of icon under-armour) i would have lost skin.

Textile just plain old sucks.

Bike has some more battle scars but Im gonna wait till next year to really fix it up. Mirror got broken off so will need to replace that.

and @ wavex:

not really they didnt mention anything about what to do in that situation other than "if you think you know how to help stop and help otherwise keep going". And yeah I tend to push it a little bit on the roads working on my skills but Ive hit the point where I cant push any harder without being really unsafe and risking crashes. So the track is the place for that. This was actually a performance riding school night. Learned TONS.

Normally I would write up what I learned and everything. But I am not going to do that.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
and @ wavex:

not really they didnt mention anything about what to do in that situation other than "if you think you know how to help stop and help otherwise keep going". And yeah I tend to push it a little bit on the roads working on my skills but Ive hit the point where I cant push any harder without being really unsafe and risking crashes. So the track is the place for that. This was actually a performance riding school night. Learned TONS.

Normally I would write up what I learned and everything. But I am not going to do that.

Interesting, the "stop if you want" advice sounds pretty weird, but I guess each organization does whatever they want...
Most track organizations around here do require full 1 piece of "zipable" leathers though... now you know why! :)

So you're not going to share everything you learnt just because you crashed? comon!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's not cuz of the crash, that was actually quite fun/exciting in an odd way. guess it's time for me to stop being a big baby bout the other stuff. I'll post a write up later on.

And they were pretty casual for requirements. Nobody really inspected anything. Not gear, not bikes. The rider's meeting was good and pretty thorough for the major stuff. But they glossed over the smaller stuff a little bit.

And after my crash I got back out on the track even though my pants were SHREDDED on the left knee and below. lol. I had underarmour on for knees and shins though so that would have been alright for a slide. But nobody really inspected anything. My instructor gave the bike and me a once over though.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
btw the track here is pretty small it's nothing like the tracks you ride at no doubt. its quite narrow and the main long straight is what i was on right before the low side in the video. not big at all. still loads of fun though.

aerial_track.jpg

W

wrightme43

Suxxors Lone man. Sorry about the crash. What kind of textiles were you using if you dont mind.

Glad your ok dude.

For the record I thought your thread was funny. I dont know if you ever got to see my reply because it got moved, but I thought it was funny. Basicly if you ever feel like messing with me again, just go ahead and say I said it was ok, cause I think that kind of stuff is funny.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Main thing is you're okay! Stuffs's gonna happen that's what living is all about. You're out there experiencing life and should be proud of your experience and your courage to share it with us. :rockon:

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
When I got my track breifing on my first track day last month, they told us not to be the guy they laugh at for crashing on cold tires. So every session i took i easy the first lap b/c that was stuck in the back of my mind!

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Suxxors Lone man. Sorry about the crash. What kind of textiles were you using if you dont mind.

Glad your ok dude.

For the record I thought your thread was funny. I dont know if you ever got to see my reply because it got moved, but I thought it was funny. Basicly if you ever feel like messing with me again, just go ahead and say I said it was ok, cause I think that kind of stuff is funny.

hey mate, sent you a PM, but yeah I never saw your reply.

as for the textiles, they were these pants:

Scorpion Invasion:
6d97935dbf243d02be16e9e8408a9f9f_rough.jpg

Honestly, I was only on the track for a split second of sliding and these pants are TOAST. Seriously useless in the event of a crash. If it werent for my having worn under-armour ICON knee-shin guards I would have lost skin and the impact on my knee would have hurt quite a bit. The armour in the knees of pants are useless. Pics coming in the following post they are uploading now.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
CE approved knee protection?!?! haha.....they must have pretty low standards then. This is the knee-guard:

DSC00108.jpg

I was wearing these underneath they are made of hard plastic and really saved my knee from any injury. Pants were useless:

2005_Icon_Field_Armor_Knee_Shin_Black.jpg

As for the textile itself...you all saw the video I wasnt on the asphalt for very long and look at what happened to it. Would hated to have slid on the stuff with the back of my legs or something:

I put a piece of paper in the tear on the first one to make it more visible. The black stuff behind the tear is the wind proof layer. The slide-resistant part is torn away like a piece of paper. DONT BUY TEXTILES!!!

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

Last edited: