Cheap Brake/clutch levers

ccew

Reaction score
Visit site
Just did. Looks pretty solid. Perhaps they tweaked their design?

I'd like to add that in terms if finish, you can still see the CNC marks. So not entirely finely finished but I like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just did. Looks pretty solid. Perhaps they tweaked their design?

I'd like to add that in terms if finish, you can still see the CNC marks. So not entirely finely finished but I like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Yup, I still love mine. Just wanted to see if they've addressed the issue. Both my old sets had no problems.. just the typical fading.

Tanktheory

Reaction score
Visit site
Amazon.com: Pair Clutch Brake Levers SBB Short Black for Yamaha FZ6 Fazer 04 05 06 07 08 09 10: Automotive

I ordered these, gonna take a while to get here but I'll post a follow up when they come in.

Please let us know how these work. I like the looks of them

Follow up post. Easy to install, but not impressed.

31v-v%2BPdUQL.jpg

The upper allen head bolt is very lose and causes a lot of up/down play in the lever. The design of the nut/bolt was poorly done, you can't fully tighten it because it begins to pull the nut into housing and you loose grip on it before you can get it tightened.

Now, had they designed it so that the bolt as it get pulled into the lever, locks into a grove (like more well designed things in the world that do this) so it doesn't spin- that would have made sense.

They are pretty adjustable, I have yet to take the bike for a good ride yet. I saw someone mentioned to give it a good yank to see if it skips on the adjuster, I'll try that out.

I'm gonna run them for now, maybe figure out a way to tighten those bolts more. Shipping was stupid fast, <7 days.

4/10, wouldn't buy again.

Edit;

Just went for a 30 minute ride. I will say that the play doesn't really get in the way of function at all. Both levers worked well and I didn't have any issues. Shifts were noticeably smoother and when I yanked hard a few times on the brake lever it held it's position on the adjuster.

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just went for a 30 minute ride. I will say that the play doesn't really get in the way of function at all. Both levers worked well and I didn't have any issues. Shifts were noticeably smoother and when I yanked hard a few times on the brake lever it held it's position on the adjuster.

Yup, the up/down play does not affect function at all. The brake lever test.. you want to do this with the bike standing still.. not where you're out there on the street trying to stop :)
Just squeeze firmly and make sure it doesn't skip. (Sounds like you're fine though)

MecAut

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
Since my first post the seller is not wiling to send a new set...

Some background
5th-AUG-13
I requested one new set, based on my issue
His Reply:
"Dear friend,
Thanks for your informing.
In this case, we can send a new lever to you.
We hope that you can delete the 2 videos first. :)
Best Regards,
Paul""

20th-AUF-2013
I suspended the videos
His Reply:
"Dear friend,
Did you have deleted the videos?
Best Regards,
Paul""

29th-AUG-2013
Again I sent another email and his reply:
"Dear friend,
Thanks for your help.
We send it out ASAP.
Best Regards,
Paul"

22th-OCT-2013
Another attempt to request a new set:
His reply
"Dear friend,
We will send it to you ASAP.
Best Regards,
Paul"

Since then I had excuse about delays or the package was lost...
So, as I am more concerned with our safety than this crap seller, I published back the videos and I hope everybody here avoid this guy...just spend your money with someone that has some respect.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since then I had excuse about delays or the package was lost...
So, as I am more concerned with our safety than this crap seller, I published back the videos and I hope everybody here avoid this guy...just spend your money with someone that has some respect.

Good. That's a messed up thing to ask "remove the video". I'd stop at that point and accept the loss (cost of levers) and not only keep the videos up, but post on every forum I frequent and on Facebook about the seller asking you to pull the videos.

monteitis

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,

I posted this on another thread here regarding The2Wheels levers, so I'm cutting and pasting here:

I've had these levers for one and a half seasons now, so I'll provide an update:

Overall experience with levers has been good, certainly makes riding much more enjoyable than stock, because of 1) the ability to adjust to your preference, and 2) I MUCH prefer shorty on both sides.

As for the fading, it is quick. Within a week in the sun (I commute on my bike and leave it outside at work), my black levers started turning brownish. After a month, both levers were completely (though evenly) light bronze colored. I actually think it looks good, but don't expect them to stay black!

As for quality, I've always thought the adjuster felt a bit muddy, lacking feedback for each individual click. This didn't bother me until around August of this past year. As I pulled in the clutch lever, it slipped 1 notch. I reset the adjuster to my preferred position, and kept riding. About two weeks later, it slipped again.. And after a few more weeks, I began having to push the adjuster back to its position every time I got on the bike. Keep in mind, the adjuster is slipping to a lower number, meaning it is lowering the engagement point, mid-pull. So, the clutch re-engages a tiny bit and is pretty unnerving, especially if you're used to just tugging on the lever with two fingers for quick shifts.

Upon inspection, the ridges on the adjustment wheel of the lever have been wearing down.

As far as I can see, it's an exact replica of the pazzo design.. but perhaps the materials aren't as durable.

All in all, these are cheap levers and worth the money. I think I'll stick with the brake lever, because there is no wearing evident at the moment. I'll be replacing the clutch side with a pazzo/crg/asv.

Hope this helps someone out.. and if you own these levers, please take a look at your adjustment wheels and make sure the notches are still defined!

Dave

aclayonb

Reaction score
Visit site
The whole "please remove the video" thing is pretty common. I bought a few cheap things on fleabay before and they were really just junk. The description and photos were not representative of what was received. I addressed the issue in the feedback and EVERY time was offered a discount to lie and say how impressed I was with the junk product.

I guess it depends on how cheaply you sell your judgment. Anything coming from outside the US or Europe that is too cheap to be true is either stolen goods or junk. In my experiences, the only asian countries worth dealing with are Japan and South Korea. Everything else has been.... what I paid for.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
I know loads of people have bought similar versions to these that the adjusters haven't work properly, but I've had mine for 6 years now and used them for 5 days and week and they are still working great. Pretty much no maintenance apart from occasional cleaning/lubing too! :) I would totally recommend them still!