Cheap Brake/clutch levers

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I ordered my set on 12/31/09, about two weeks ago and they arrived today from Hong Kong. I ordered from the company called HK Helmets, or something to that effect. Not from the USA, China company. I got the long levers, but the quality seems great. About twice the weight as the stock levers. I didn't have time to take pictures. Just got them installed (about ten minutes with no complications) and took off for work. I don't usually ride to work but I had to give them a test run. They look as good to me as any of the major name brands, and fit nice and tight. Since I'm writing this from work, stands to reason, the brake lever didn't break off on a stop. And I didn't ride the entire 30 miles to work in first gear, so the clutch lever seems to be working as well as, scratch that, better than the stock one.
Moral of the story, you should feel safe ordering the levers from Hong Kong that we've all been debating over for less that one half of the cost of Pazzo's or ASV's
Mike

Pictures please:D

mookieaz

Reaction score
Visit site
Got caught in the rain so bikes a little dirty, but here's a pic to give you an idea of the long levers. Not exactly Pazzo, but night and day above the stock quality and performance and not bad for $70.
Good luck with yours.

Mike

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Got caught in the rain so bikes a little dirty, but here's a pic to give you an idea of the long levers. Not exactly Pazzo, but night and day above the stock quality and performance and not bad for $70.
Good luck with yours.

Mike

Maybe not exactly but pretty darn close.

Yatz86

Chick Magnet
Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck with yours.

Mike

yeap definately not bad for $70:thumbup:

gonna order this soon. thx for the pictures:D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they look great for the price!!! I am actually holding off on ordering them in hopes that i get them for my birthday... if not then they will be ordered the day after :)

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Good luck with yours.

Mike
BRILLIANT!!! I can't wait to see what my shorty ones look like when they arrive. Got a puncture at the moment, so gotta wait till I get my shiny new Pilot Road 2 fitted. :(

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BRILLIANT!!! I can't wait to see what my shorty ones look like when they arrive. Got a puncture at the moment, so gotta wait till I get my shiny new Pilot Road 2 fitted. :(

well... you can always install the levers and take pictures for the rest of us :)

bergj1986

Helmet Hair
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, these don't look bad at all! I'd like to see what the shorty versions look like as that's probably what I'll be ordering.

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
Red ones on the way as of tonight. 55 bucks and free shipping. Some great feedback from this thread, guys. Thanks for all the input and pictures. I'll be sending my pics after the install. Keep in mind we're in the middle of winter and the garage isn't heated (read:warmer weather).
Love the Forum!!!!! Cheers. :cheer:

htdub

Reaction score
Visit site
Got this resonse from aurelius121ad's ebay listing

There is actually a typo in this listing... we dont have FZ6 levers... we got our fitment list wrong and are in the process of correcting the problem.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

- aurelius121ad

bergj1986

Helmet Hair
Reaction score
Visit site
Double uh-oh, I ordered a set of these yesterday! Using the tracking # they give me shows no tracking information on the EMS tracking website. Uh oh! :O

Last edited:

banditandy

Reaction score
Visit site
Double uh-oh, I ordered a set of these yesterday! Using the tracking # they give me shows no tracking information on the EMS tracking website. Uh oh! :O

I too ordered these on sunday, but after e-mailing him yesterday i've now received a full refund

"Hi, sorry to be a pain but are these levers
guaranteed to fit my Yamaha FZ6 2005 as my bike
requires F-16/Y688 levers and these say F-14 on the
listing?"

"Youre not being a pain its really helping me out that you pointed that out. We have some errors in our fitment guide and apparently this is one of them. Unfortunately we dont have levers that'll fit your bike so I'll be giving you a refund here.

Thanks and sorry about that,

Josh"

But now i've found these

Clutch Brake Lever Yamaha FZ6 R FZ1 Fazer XJ6 Diversion on eBay (end time 17-Feb-10 04:31:21 GMT)

Last edited:

bergj1986

Helmet Hair
Reaction score
Visit site
Something doesn't add up here. Mookieaz installed these levers no problem, the eBay seller says they don't fit and is going to change the listing. Which one is it? Do they fit or don't they? Mine have already been shipped so I doubt there's much I can do in terms of a refund.

It sounds to me that the seller isn't quite sure what he's selling. Comparing the pictures in the helmet_hk listing to the pictures in the aurelius121ad listing, the levers look identical.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Something doesn't add up here. Mookieaz installed these levers no problem, the eBay seller says they don't fit and is going to change the listing. Which one is it? Do they fit or don't they? Mine have already been shipped so I doubt there's much I can do in terms of a refund.

It sounds to me that the seller isn't quite sure what he's selling. Comparing the pictures in the helmet_hk listing to the pictures in the aurelius121ad listing, the levers look identical.
There are two Chinese sellers. There is the one that I posted first of all that is called helmet_hk - that is the seller that Mookieaz bought from and have confirmed to several people that they can supply long and short FZ6 levers. If you look at the different auctions there are differences in the levers pictured. aurelius121ad are the ones who can't get hold of the FZ6 levers. It's just bad luck from those who ordered from aurelius121ad really!

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
Response in under 20 minutes confirming they don't fit. Refund is already arranged. Also a request for me to ship them back to Cal. "as cheaply as possible" and the cost for that will be refunded also. I'm ok with it, I guess. Ordering tomorrow from HK Helmet. :banghead::banghead: