Changing headlights

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
Regarding your fitment issues of the headlight assembly into the fairing;

I've looked at several pictures of Ducati's 848/1098 and they all seem to have that kind of "look"....
To give you a very good examble of the resessed top part of the headlight:
6s446x.jpg

Grtz,

Degake

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gotta say, not a massive fan of those motogadget guages... interesting tho.

Yeah, it seems it is sorta recessed, just seems like mine is recessed much more, the parking light, the little ones in the upper inner corners, they seem to be slightly obscured by the fairing, addtionally, there's gaps on the outer edged where the fairing doesn't sit close to flush... along the upper edge it's also sitting out, not touch the light... a little more than I think it should. Oh well... heck... might not even use the fairing. :spank:

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well to update... I'm thinking of going fully naked with the headlight.

Just need to split it apart... which I've been having huge issues doing. Spent 3 hours tonight baking it in the oven, after spending several hours cutting out excess amounts of glue from the areas that were accessible prior.

The bottom of the headlight has the air ducting bits that seem to just get in the way of attempting to pry the bottom section apart. God I wish I could unbolt them off, that'd make splitting the light about 50 times easier.

Have made minimal progress in splitting them... some is just a little more than none ;)
Edit: Luckily I'm still waiting on some parts for my front end conversion... Going to be doing the R6 front end while changing the headlight.

Last edited: