Change Oil Filter Every Oil Change?

Do you change the oil filter every oil change?

• I change the filter EVERY oil change

Votes: 105 88.2%
  • I change the filter EVERY OTHER oil change

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I change the filter EVERY THREE oil changes

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • This thing requires oil?!?!?!?

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
The cap wrenches are useless. It smoothened the groove on my Purolator. Now I bought the clamp from Walmart to remove it. Also now the Purolator no more comes in blue but in gold - yikes!

S

sportrider

every oil change with out question. I use a factory oil filter also :thumbup:

colobb

Reaction score
Visit site
My local dealership - bunch of tea leaves - $22 for the Yamy filter. Will go with the Purolator, or whatever its called next time.

Surely with the best/better quality filter you would want to change it more frequently, because it is the best and therefore filtering more stuff out and therefore is more likely to be clogged.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
I run fully syn oil (AMSOIL or Repsol) and only change the oil every 6-8k. I change the filter every time though (K&N). I ride 900 miles per month, mostly easy (below 8k rpm). I'll turn 14,000 miles next week.

When I had my Katana, I ran Suzuki oil (non-syn), and skipped a filter change once. Never was able to get the oil to come out semi-clean looking again, always dark and nasty...

Sqrly

Reaction score
Visit site
$4.00 is CHEAP insurance for engine durability. Change oil, change filter. GRUMPY

Yeah...But I change my oil every 2000 miles. And 4000 miles on the filter. I think that the filter will be ok for 4000 miles, considering the oil filter starts bypassing off and on well before that.:D

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's just too cheap to not put on a new one each time. I even have the oil filter compatibility list on my Blackberry so I can buy another brand should th be out of the Purolator. BTW, it's under $4.00 here at Wally World!

Sqrly

Reaction score
Visit site
I just changed my oil and didn't change the filter...:Flip:

And there is nothing you can do about it! :ban:

Yeah...But I change my oil every 2000 miles. And 4000 miles on the filter. I think that the filter will be ok for 4000 miles, considering the oil filter starts bypassing off and on well before that. :D

Still not gonna do it! :Flip::ban::spank:

Got-boost?

Reaction score
Visit site
It's just too cheap to not put on a new one each time. I even have the oil filter compatibility list on my Blackberry so I can buy another brand should th be out of the Purolator. BTW, it's under $4.00 here at Wally World!

Wanna post it or pm mewith it? I would like to check it out if you wouldn't Mind.

cjhudson101

Reaction score
Visit site
Still bitter about Purolator changing the filter to Gold, and giving it that rough sand paper finish... That shiz make my hand raw when I'm screwing the filter on and off.

On a crrrrrazy side note, I found out the other day that my car and motorcycle take the same exact purolator filter! I decided to just buy 6 since they're so cheap and I know I'll use em.

Lucky me!

Oh yeah, 07 Subaru Impreza WRX, in case someone was going to ask...

--Chris

gt89stang393

Reaction score
Visit site
My 2003 Accord also shares the same PL14610 PureOne filter as the FZ does. Also, the ST7317 SuperTech filters, however I read here Inside the ST7317 that there are some of these supertech filters with Made in Mexico on them and they are not as good as the Made in the USA ones. Just a heads up.

Last edited: