CHAINS chains CHAINS!

ecudoc

Reaction score
Visit site
With talk of chains on the forum, and my quickly approaching 25k miles, I would like to know which type of chain and which size would be the best aftermarket part.
I plan to either keep the stock sprocket set-up, or drop one in the front, either way, steel is the best right?

Also, I found this when searching online: Facts you should no about Motorcycle Chains!

Is there truth to this, or simply someones biased opinion?

Thanks folks! :thumbup:

Last edited:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
With talk of chains on the forum, and my quickly approaching 25k miles, I would like to know which type of chain and which size would be the best aftermarket part.
I plan to either keep the stock sprocket set-up, or drop one in the front, either way, steel is the best right?

Also, I found this when searching online: Facts you should no about Motorcycle Chains!

Is there truth to this, or simply someones biased opinion?

Thanks folks! :thumbup:

JMO: When the time comes I am replacing mine with the stock size. I may "upgrade" from an O-ring to an X-ring though. Price will be a factor as will the life of my current chain. As I stated in another post: My stock chain has stretched less than any chain I have ever had on any bike.

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
The "How to Correctly Lube your Chain!" section on the bottom of the page is interesting. I think I've been incorrectly lubing my chain. I just do a pass on the top and then a pass on the front side.