Central MD - Fri 8/8 - 1/2 Day Ride

Judd

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like this Friday is going to be nice so planning to work a half day and get some riding in. I live in Rockville and would be up for meeting wherever and happy to lead or follow.

I know weekdays can be tough but let me know if interested - always good to ride with other sport tourers.

(George - not sure if you can swing it but we could use the same meetup spot. Maybe head north to Westminster, west to Smithsburg, and back south on Wolfsville Rd to I70/270?)

Keep the shiny side up.

Judd

Reaction score
Visit site
Saturday morning? I'm down if the weather is decent. Can meetup anywhere in the area just need to be back around noon.

Sunday is no good - other plans.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Saturday morning looks good to me. It might rain in the afternoon, but I also have plans later that day, so no problem getting back in a reasonable amount of time.

nsiderbam

Reaction score
Visit site
Oops, didn't see this post until now. I can definitely do Saturday morning. I'll check back to get info on where we'll meet, etc.

Judd

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool - looking forward to it. We are all coming from opposites sides of the beltway - Springfield, Rockville, and Annapolis - so we just need to decide on where and when to meet up.

How about 8:30 and kickstands up at like 8:45?

We can meet near Beatle and ride in VA. I would like to follow someone who knows some good roads in NoVa since I don't ride there often.

Or I am happy to meet somewhere like Camp Springs. I think Southern MD is suppose to have some good rides but I don't really know that area too well.

Or if you guys want to meet in Rockville I can build a ride around Harpers Ferry, Shepherdstown, Frederick, Thurmont, etc, based on how much time we have.

Let me know what you're thinking - I am down for whatever and just want to ride!

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
I've ridden this loop before. Not this season yet, but it's pretty fun:

Motorcycle Roads (VA): East Burke Loop

This is a ~2 hour ride, maybe a touch longer. There is also a small ~45 minute loop near my house that I've done a few times - it's just not as good. Not a lot of great roads within an hour or so from me.

Judd

Reaction score
Visit site
That loop looks cool to me. We can meet up in Burke or Springfield. Just pick a place and i'll be there in the morning.

Good for you, George?

What time? 8:30?

nsiderbam

Reaction score
Visit site
Had a great time, guys! See you out again on the road sometime soon.

edit: pics of the route using My Tracks

nX33uYX

6WxtEQf

7ukrvJK

Last edited: