Center Stand Operation for Dummies Plz

jcombs

One day at a time...
Reaction score
www.jaredsbook.com

Will somebody educate me on the proper way to deploy my center stand? I've used it a couple of times, but I felt like I was wrestling a grizzly bear to get it down. I'm afraid I'm gonna drop my bike!

outasight20

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a simple way to remember the proper method to deploy your center stand.

Center, Stand, Pull.

Place your foot on the pedal and wiggle the bike sideways until it is standing straight up and the center stand is just touching the ground. At this point, stand on the pedal with all your weight. Finally, while standing on the pedal, pull up and back on the frame near the rear passenger peg. It should be very, very easy and require minimal effort.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to try to shoot a quick video this weekend because it seems to be a common question. Ive seen one for a Ninja 250 but an FZ6 specific one would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iron Cross

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going to try to shoot a quick video this weekend because it seems to be a common question. Ive seen one for a Ninja 250 but an FZ6 specific one would be nice

That would be awesome....I'm not a big guy (5'9 170lbs), but I'm not small either. And that's always a pain in the ass for me. I think it's more my fear if dropping it that makes it difficult.

Reed

Southern Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
That would be awesome....I'm not a big guy (5'9 170lbs), but I'm not small either. And that's always a pain in the ass for me. I think it's more my fear if dropping it that makes it difficult.

I am 5' 5" about 129 lbs, and I don't really ever have a problem getting mine on the center stand. I just simply put my foot on the lever for the stand, make sure both feet of the stand are touching the ground, grab ahold of the passenger grab rail (and I think the handlebars), put all my weight on the stand (without any of my feet on the ground), and pull up on the passenger grab rail. It works every time, but when I have my saddlebags on I have to grab on to something strong near the passenger foot pegs.

Last edited:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The trick, with my Fizzer, I've found, is to deploy the side stand, get off, and put the bike on the side stand.

Put your foot on the centre stand pedal, and push down.

The bike will right itself and when upright, due to your weight on the pedal, the bike can not fall.

When the bike is upright, stand on the pedal hard, and pull the rear grab-rail up and back.

Should go up with little to no effort.

Remember, whilst your foot is on the centre stand 'pedal' with some weight, the bike can not lean either way, so be safe that it'll not topple.

Try this method and tell me your experiences.

Works for me!

Cheers,
Rick

Fishwiz4

Reaction score
Visit site
It's something that you will figure out and then wonder why it was difficult. I was scared of dropping my bike the first couple times but i have gotten used to it and love the center stand. I have limited room in my garage next to my car so i use the center stand to save a little space (takes up more space when it is leaning).

I have gotten so used to the center stand, I would have a hard time buying a bike that does not have one.

jcombs

One day at a time...
Reaction score
www.jaredsbook.com
Did it...and no hernia!!
Thanks guys!
I was tryna just hold both the handlebars and muscle it back. The hand placement suggestions helped immensely.

CBRF3RIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
It's something that you will figure out and then wonder why it was difficult. I was scared of dropping my bike the first couple times but i have gotten used to it and love the center stand. I have limited room in my garage next to my car so i use the center stand to save a little space (takes up more space when it is leaning).

I have gotten so used to the center stand, I would have a hard time buying a bike that does not have one.

Lol my buddy has had his GS500F for four years and he's never used it. He won't even let me show him! I can't imagine not having one. Not sure how he does his chain maintenance.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did it...and no hernia!!
Thanks guys!
I was tryna just hold both the handlebars and muscle it back. The hand placement suggestions helped immensely.

I let out a chuckle when I read your OP:BLAA:
I would sit on the bike and push down with my left foot and jerk the bike backwards to get it on the center stand......ask Erci:tard:

One day, as I got ready to wash the bike I did it the right way...all about the leverage:thumbup:

lastlaugh

Reaction score
Visit site
I stand on the pedal and pull back on the handlebars. Of course, I'm 6'2'' 270lbs and not a fat ass. haha I love using mine because it can be stored in a tighter space.

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol my buddy has had his GS500F for four years and he's never used it. He won't even let me show him! I can't imagine not having one. Not sure how he does his chain maintenance.

I have no race stands and no center stand... :(

There certainly are days I wish I had both! Altho I don't want to buy a race stand then switch my rear swing arm to something incompatible... :rolleyes: Maybe I should just suck it up and get one anyway... I'm sure there'll be other bikes in the future that could make use of it... :D

Did you bike come with one mave? I didn't even know any FZ6's had them in Aus?

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you bike come with one mave? I didn't even know any FZ6's had them in Aus?

Yeah Mate, mine had a centre stand from the factory.

I also had a race stand for my TDM900 as it didn't have a centre stand, but sold it with the bike.

Cheers,
Rick