CBR600RR single exhaust on my 2005 FZ6.

newyorkien

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, not the one eyed monster? As far as the joining of the pipes. . .just cut the CBR pipe where the bend at the front of the pipe ends. . .and weld on the end of the original FZ6 muffler, making sure to cut enough to replace the difference of pipe lost from cutting the bent piece. . .Then weld together...The FZ6 end should fit in the CBR pipe to make welding easier. . .NOW for the FUNNNNN PART! Holding the muffler. . .This was the biggest pain in the @$$ for me. . .There were SO many different options...I ended up welding the removable hanger bracket from the stock exhaust to the new exhaust. The problem i ran into is that the metal they use for the CBR exhaust system is pretty tinny...We had a hard time welding it. . .So we did our best and used some self tapping screws to reinforce. It was a little bit more ghetto work than i wanted to do. . .but no one will see it since its under the bike thankfully and it will DEFINITELY hold which is the most important part . .I am currently working on the mesh to fill the remaining space!

newyorkien

Reaction score
Visit site
PROTOTYPE FILLER- I will probably end up painting the mesh black.
IMG_0261.jpg

newyorkien

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Scorp, i was actually thinking about painting it black! read my mind :). . .The chrome look of it kind of detracts from the muffler a little

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Scorp, i was actually thinking about painting it black! read my mind :). . .The chrome look of it kind of detracts from the muffler a little

Couldn't agree more. Your project is really looking solid. I bet some of those that have followed your lead on the single can might be interested in that mesh as well.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Zargof

MSF Instructor
Reaction score
Visit site
newyorkien are you going to run the mesh in between the exhaust and taillight? I think it would give the bike a more finished look.

newyorkien

Reaction score
Visit site
newyorkien are you going to run the mesh in between the exhaust and taillight? I think it would give the bike a more finished look.

Thanks everyone, I really wanted to. . .but In order to make that middle piece look good would take some work. . .Im going to finish the other side, see how it looks, and evaluate from there. . .BTW...This mesh was originally for my miatas' grill. It was $3 at home depot. . .its called gutter guard :rockon:

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
And yeah, that's probably the best video I have EVER seen as far as demonstrating a new exhaust goes.

newyorkien

Reaction score
Visit site
So i just finished the other side, it took a couple minutes longer than the first because i kept having to trim the second one to make it identical to the first. . .Of course the black rubber border will be adhered down :p. Now brainstorming on the area under the tail.
IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The tip looks lethal :eek:

Nice, original work :) Not for me as I LOVE the twin pipes too much, but it is nice to see unique looking bikes.