Caught On HelmetCam

peachFUZZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been using a Veho MUVI Micro DV camera daily for the commute to work and have put together a few examples of inappropriate things some drivers do.

Not mastered how to maintain video quality when uploading (looks great from the HardDrive but pixeled on YouTube), but I guess I'll learn as I go.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk13fhmvH38]Caught on HelmetCam Vol.1[/ame]

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool vid.

1) Thanks for not using that god forsaken Evanescence song like every other youtube video on Earth. Good tune yours is. Actually listened to the audio instead of muting.

2) HOLY SHNAT!! Everyone is driving on the wrong side of the road!! MAdness.

3) LOL at you hating everyone on the road.

4) that last guy was an ass. You should pass that video of maliscious driving on to the traffic police. Guaranteed he should get at least a small speeding fine or SOMETHING.

Last edited:

JayJay

Reaction score
www.maverickrenegades.com
lol this has once again inspired me to get a cam for my helmet.

I usually wave at the driver with middle finger as they merge toward me without indication etc. They still keep coming toward me....grr.

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
I encounter some bad drivers from time to time on my rides. After watching your video, I feel fortunate to not have to deal with all the punks you guys across the pond have to deal with, it seems. Are drivers really that bad over there? Nuts!

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I've been using a Veho MUVI Micro DV camera daily for the commute to work and have put together a few examples of inappropriate things some drivers do.
Dood - you should try commuting in London. I'm so 'hardened' to it that I didn't see anything on that video that I would even worry about. :eek:

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Cool vid.

1) Thanks for not using that god forsaken Evanescence song like every other youtube video on Earth. Good tune yours is. Actually listened to the audio instead of muting.

Got to disagree with you there. :) not an Evenescence fan but what ever the sound track of this vid was..... Muted

And for the most part, that all seemed like everyday traffic to me.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wow, some real idiots in that vid. It reminds me a lot of the fools around here, they like to pull out in front of bikes every opportunity they can get.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's what they invented the Stebel Nautilus Compact Motorcycle Air Horn for! They move back in their lane very quickly when you use it!:thumbup: Other wise great vid. You have license plates cars, and in the last incident a face..... Use it to your advantage!

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yo, I noticed to put the title of the camera your using but how did you hook that thing up to your helmet? I could I see pics please? Im really impressed.

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
wow, some real idiots in that vid. It reminds me a lot of the fools around here, they like to pull out in front of bikes every opportunity they can get.

especially when they cary a chick with them! they dont wanna her to stare on your ride, so they overtake you and stay just in front of you doing nothing but buffeting...

JustinID

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought the most frightening thing was that everyone was driving on the wrong side of the road! :BLAA:

Seriously though, good video. Stay safe out there...

peachFUZZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Yo, I noticed to put the title of the camera your using but how did you hook that thing up to your helmet? I could I see pics please? Im really impressed.

Thanks Geoff. Sorry for the delay, I'll explain shortly. I've attached a couple of pics. I tried various mounts and velcro, including parts from the sports kit you can buy for the camera, both inside and out of the helmet, but could never get the correct angle or it was just too bulky inside the helmet. In the end a simple piece of elastic my very wonderful wife sowed into the helmet was ideal.

I thought the most frightening thing was that everyone was driving on the wrong side of the road! :BLAA:

Seriously though, good video. Stay safe out there...

Well, you have to love the irony. Shortly after posting that video my wife gave birth to our son, so a couple of weeks off the bike as I was using the car to ferry the family around. Back in work and back on the bike for a few days and on the way home a car pulls out of a side road in front of me. Thankfully nothing's broken and I'm just battered and bruised, but the engineer has said it isn't financially viable to repair my bike so I'm going to have to argue with her insurers over the bike's value now and wait months for a settlement.
Police have cautioned the driver and offered her a fine and driver improvement course rather than points on her licence, but it doesn't help my bike!
Gutted! Can't bring myself to actually go and look at the damage yet. Not that I'm fit enough to drive to the storage yard anyway.

The pictures were taken after the accident, so that's the last time the camera will be in it as it's obviously only fit for the bin now.

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
Police have cautioned the driver and offered her a fine and driver improvement course rather than points on her licence, but it doesn't help my bike!

That is actually good news, her insurer hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Glad you not too badly hurt.

If you are using uninsured loss cover and it isn't sorted quickly could be worth contacting her insurer yourself.

Last time I had a claim (in car) was taking ages to sort out repayment of excess, rang the other parties insurer myself, sent them the receipt for my excess and they sent me a cheque a couple of days later. I even got my premium back from RAC for the uninsured loss cover that had been useless.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to hear that mate :S

i think i'd definitely send the police a copy of the video with the guy texting and people using their mobile phone. Pisses me off no end when i see people like that