Catless Mid

hiDDen

Reaction score
Visit site
So I purchased a catless midpipe from Arrow for my 05 FZ6 with the obvious intent of putting it on however I just sold my bike and my buddy was telling me that it would have been a waist of time and I shouldn't even bother selling it.

Now I understand that a tune would have been needed in order for it to run optimally however it would have definitely made the bike louder correct? Anyone running just a catless midpipe that could speak to this.

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a catless midpipe - if you have the stock muffler, you probably won't notice much, but if you have an aftermarket exhaust you'll notice a significant flow/noise increase.

hiDDen

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got a catless midpipe - if you have the stock muffler, you probably won't notice much, but if you have an aftermarket exhaust you'll notice a significant flow/noise increase.

Did you use the mid on its own or did you go straight to a full system?

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
Did you use the mid on its own or did you go straight to a full system?

Since I hate the environment I just went with a straight pipe for a while.

Actually no -

My cat was gone when I bought the bike, I feel that the previous owner had aftermarket pipes but just left the decat pipe on it when he put the stock exhaust back on. So I had a completely stock muffler without a cat. Wasn't any louder than stock.

Now I have a glasspack (virtually straight pipe) after my catless midpipe - it's loud, and though I haven't tried it with a cat in there, I'm confident that it would be quieter (and more environmentally friendly) if I had the cat. MEOW

hiDDen

Reaction score
Visit site
Since I hate the environment I just went with a straight pipe for a while.

Actually no -

My cat was gone when I bought the bike, I feel that the previous owner had aftermarket pipes but just left the decat pipe on it when he put the stock exhaust back on. So I had a completely stock muffler without a cat. Wasn't any louder than stock.

Now I have a glasspack (virtually straight pipe) after my catless midpipe - it's loud, and though I haven't tried it with a cat in there, I'm confident that it would be quieter (and more environmentally friendly) if I had the cat. MEOW

Interesting. Thanks for your input! :thumbup:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
FWIW: The S2 mid-pipe CAT is about 3 times the volume of the S1. Pipe is also 1.5" longer or so.
53707d1402330661-catless-mid-img_20140529_204643_900-jpg

$6.00 worth of SS and TIG buzz and this evolves... 1.75" OD X 0.062" Wall thick
55336d1412525287-08-fz6-condensed-build-thread-final-impact-img_20141003_175156_936-jpg

jjd952 mid-pipe compare

Last edited: