Catalyst Replacement Pipe

DrummerBoy83

Reaction score
Visit site
Whats up everyone. I have been searching for a little bit for a pipe to replace my catalytic converter. I have found one that looks good, but it is made by MIVV. I have a Two Brothers Exhaust that should be here soon, and I am wanting to know if anyone thinks that The pipe would be compatable with new Exhaust. I am thinking that it would be compatable, but I have limited knowledge about motorcycles so far, so I wanted to get everyones opinion.

Thanks,
John

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
I think that yes it'll fit as any exhaust will be made to fit with the oem cat pipe, so if that ones like the oem it should fit fine ;)

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
I just eliminated the cat thos year. give you less heat down near your ankles. With the stock cat , I could probably fry bacon within about an inch distance of that thing.....

gt89stang393

Reaction score
Visit site
Less heat for sure! I have the Leo Vince pipes also, and the bike runs 10-15 degrees COOLER than it had before with the factory exhaust. Other than that, you will have more noise with the cat removed with minimal power gains. However, I like the more noise personally with the db killers in. And the pre-cats remain, these things are so efficient its not hurting anything.

lasermax

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, the MIVV cat eliminator pipe will work, and it's an excellent piece, as is their whole system. Watch it with your new pipes, though, you may want to temporarily install the pipes with the stock cat pipe intact, you may find thats plenty loud enough for you. I installed the MIVV carbon fiber pipes on my girl's FZ 6, and the quality is supurb. I initially left the cat pipe on. Thinking that it wouldn't make a big sound difference, I gutted it. There is power to be gained, but there is MORE NOISE TOO!!!!! I was afraid she'd make me get her a new cat pipe, but lucky for me she likes it loud. Anyways, you may want to check your sound before buying the cat eliminator pipe. By the way, gutting the stock cat pipe is a BIG job, that thing is almost indestructible inside! It's worth the money to just buy the MIVV or Arrow cat elim pipe, if you go that route. Hope this helps.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The replacement pipe is a brillant idea, an OEM cat is $422.00!

bleego

Reaction score
Visit site

gt89stang393

Reaction score
Visit site
I would keep it, when I called about getting my bike inspected without the cat here in PA the guy told me "California is trying to get motorcycle emissions passed, if they do PA will follow shortly after." I have my stock exhaust intact just in case it happens.

Avalon786

Reaction score
Visit site
In that case i will keep it, lol! If ever SMOG is needed i'll swap the cat pipes and once passed the smog i'll swap back :Flip: haha

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How much you think i could sell my OEM cat pipe with 5000miles on it. I figure i rather sell it (and put that towards what i owe on the bike) than let it gather dust

"One million dollars!!!!" Probably $100?

H

HavBlue

Not to be tinfoily but after coming here and just reading this thread Bikes soon to be smogged!!! - BARF - Bay Area Riders Forum I would perhaps keep it around. In the odd chance that they do end up requiring smog on bikes, it might come in handy.

Funny thing about California is they have more gas powered lawn mowers and BBQ's than they do bikes and they very likely produce much more in terms of emissions but you don't see them being smoged. The smog issues relative to bikes have been in the rumor mil for years and I for one wouldn't be holding my breath as the AQMD isn't really looking for a fight from the motorcycle lobby.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny thing about California is they have more gas powered lawn mowers and BBQ's than they do bikes and they very likely produce much more in terms of emissions but you don't see them being smoged. The smog issues relative to bikes have been in the rumor mil for years and I for one wouldn't be holding my breath as the AQMD isn't really looking for a fight from the motorcycle lobby.

Boy you hit the nail on the head. New vehicles in the US and Euro aren't the primary source of polution, it's as HavBlue said and million other unregulated things.

I read yesterday that in the US only 30% of our total energy consumption is from vehicles, 40% if from power plants. Which bring me to a RANT...I can't stand the Greenies touting their "zero" emissions electric cars. BULL SH*T!!! Where the hell do they think the electricity comes from to rechange their highly toxic batteries??? Well McFly, the electricity come from a POWER PLANT the burns either, coal, oil, hydro-electric or nuke.

I hate greenies.

End of rant, have a nice day. :thumbup:

H

HavBlue

Boy you hit the nail on the head. New vehicles in the US and Euro aren't the primary source of polution, it's as HavBlue said and million other unregulated things.

I read yesterday that in the US only 30% of our total energy consumption is from vehicles, 40% if from power plants. Which bring me to a RANT...I can't stand the Greenies touting their "zero" emissions electric cars. BULL SH*T!!! Where the hell do they think the electricity comes from to rechange their highly toxic batteries??? Well McFly, the electricity come from a POWER PLANT the burns either, coal, oil, hydro-electric or nuke.

I hate greenies.

End of rant, have a nice day. :thumbup:

Here, here, don't even get me started on the Green Team Sarge. We would have to build a war room to go into that one as them folks live on another planet, or think they do. Great rant by the way.........