Cat elim pipe w/ stock muffler = crazy idea?

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
FYI, the bend in the cat pipe is 45°. I bought a 45° bend and welded some 2" tube on one end and some 1-7/8" on the other. These sizes fit over the existing muffler and down-pipe ends.

Ok, thanks for the info. One of my roommates has the equipment/skills and makes his own exhausts, so I might talk him into it, lol.

-bryan

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I want to wake this thread up because I'm thinking about the same idea. Buying an arrow cat eliminating pipe off someone on here, and using the stock exhaust/possible drilling out the stock exhaust. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with how the bike runs. I've looked at the stock cat and can't see an o2 sensor in it. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I want to wake this thread up because I'm thinking about the same idea. Buying an arrow cat eliminating pipe off someone on here, and using the stock exhaust/possible drilling out the stock exhaust. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced any problems with how the bike runs. I've looked at the stock cat and can't see an o2 sensor in it. Any help is apreciated.
Thanks

i had the catalyst removed from my stock mid pipe and have experienced zero problems. on the other hand, i have experienced very little, if any, sound difference. good luck to you!

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
i had the catalyst removed from my stock mid pipe and have experienced zero problems. on the other hand, i have experienced very little, if any, sound difference. good luck to you!

Thanks for the info. I was mainly wondering if it would throw a code like on a car. Wasn't really sure cause i've never had anything besides a slip on. Thanks.

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
I put the cat eliminating pipe on today with my stock exhaust. I couldn't really hear a difference but I'm gonna check it tomorrow. It did make the rpms drop a little like i have read on sbn. I raised the rpms back up but they seem to jump a little from 1200 to 1260 to 1320. I think it might stop jumping if it gets a little warmer. I'm happy for now.