Carrying a concealed weapon???

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Just making an observation that you seem to be able to twist things to your own end as in your point about shootin rapist to defend your family What did that part of your post have to do with where to carry your gun on an FZ6?I say you should practice what you preach about hijacking threads mod or not,
A dictatorship I no longer wish to be a part of , See yall Around!:rockon:

Did you read the part where he said "I keep mine in the tank bag. Its not possible to use while riding. No one that carries legaly would even consider it. Its hard enough to use the garage door opener while riding up the street to the house." :tard:

99vengeur

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll chime in.

I have my ccw and enjoy the peace of mind knowing that if I had to defend myself or loved ones, that I could do just that. I hope that I never have to fire my weapon at another human being, but I too have made the conscious decision that if I need to protect me and mine, I can live with that.

With that said, I carry on long trips in a tank bag. Less chance for the firearm to work itself loose from the holster (if there's no retention) and certainly less wear on my body. I also don't have to worry about it adding another element to a crash if I were to go down. On short trips (i.e. store and back, etc.), I just carry it in my cc holster, IWB and under my jacket.

Now, I have thought about ways to put a retention holster on the bike, but I'm not overly comfortable with that idea unless I can devise a way to keep it hidden from plain sight but still accessible if needed.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
I carry my Kel Tec .380 in my jacket pocket just in case I need extra protection. A lot like my helmet actually. It's my right. ATGATT :thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Solution is simple really...take guns away....people dont get shot!

Ignoring whether its a good idea or not for a second, how do you accomplish that at this point though?

FWIW, I grew up with hunting guns but don't have any guns right now.

Are there any good documents out there that propose a method of eliminating gun issues in the USA? Anyone know? What would the process be? Who would still need guns? Have any other countries pulled it off?

wildman

Reaction score
Visit site
Solution is simple really...take guns away....people dont get shot!

Holy cow. That would not solve Anything!

First off, the only people that you'd be able to take guns away from would be honest people. The criminals would find some way around it, and still be able to get their guns, just like normal. Then the average joe would be defenseless against them.

So your simple answer is not correct.

And do add to my post, so it wont get deleted.... I carry in my tank bag, but it is never thought of as to be used against people (although I would if I had to), it is used for protection vs animals. I carry a .44 mag for bear protection. :thumbup: If I wanted people protection, I'd carry my .40 glock.... But you rarely would need that in the great state of Alaska.

RailRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Holy cow. That would not solve Anything!

First off, the only people that you'd be able to take guns away from would be honest people. The criminals would find some way around it, and still be able to get their guns, just like normal. Then the average joe would be defenseless against them.

So your simple answer is not correct.

And do add to my post, so it wont get deleted.... I carry in my tank bag, but it is never thought of as to be used against people (although I would if I had to), it is used for protection vs animals. I carry a .44 mag for bear protection. :thumbup: If I wanted people protection, I'd carry my .40 glock.... But you rarely would need that in the great state of Alaska.
I agree and the United States won independence through a sustained ARMED popular revolt. We get to celebrate that Independence on July 4th. If you ever come and visit Birmingham,Al...just bring the Glock, it will also take care of any wild animals we have.:thumbup:

WarriorDog

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, I have my permit. I carry when I ride. My wife carries when she rides. Almost everyone I ride with carries. Tailbags, tankbags, front pockets, paddle holsters on the hip, Inside jacket pocket, locked trunks on their FJR's and Wings, etc. I will leave mine in the tailbag as long as I am in sight of the bike. Will untuck the shirt and slip the holster over the belt when leaving the bike. I got the permit to be "legal" with something I've done for years. Although the Second Amendment gives me the "right" to keep and bear, for the purpose of defending myself against a tyranical government, the permit allows me to carry almost anywhere. Maybe we should all just start carrying copies of the US Constitution as our "permits" Permit holders will never bat an eye if we happen to see a holstered weapon on another rider/person. Kind of a silent respect to other "members of the club" Not everyone can be a member - glad my Consitution allows it.

fz6joker

Damn Hooligan
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Please read this. If I come home from work and this thread is full of the same crap it was at midnight when I should of been sleeping, I am going ban people. If you want to talk about the political and social aspects of gun ownership in the US start a thread in the U.P. section. If you want to discuss this mans question do so in this thread.

I am freaking tired of this sniping and infighting on this site and am going to put a stop to it. If you cant act like a adult here find somewhere else.

Freaking thanks to you man. ALL that I wanted was some advice from the more experienced riders that I know are on this site who have helped me before, and before I know it this thread is so far from off track that I haven't even bothered to check in on it until now.

Point in case. TANK BAG. To everybody that offered an answer to my question I thank you. I really just wish somebody would have started a different thread for all the other posts here instead of attaching all of these personal beliefs and morals to my question.

Everybody just sit back. Chill out and make an attempt to get along.