can't help but feel guilty

ejether

Reaction score
Visit site
Rule #1 when riding with another person is to "ride your own ride". When multiple bikes are together, is guaranteed that some riders will have more and some less skill than others.

An inexperienced rider trying to match pace with an experienced rider will almost always result in a crash, or at the very least, an "Oh $hit" moment.

You didn't cause the crash, instead you were merely on the same road at the same time as your buddy. The fault lies with your buddy since he exceeded his skill level and tried keeping up with you.

I can't agree with this more.

I have been in your acquaintance/friends place. I was riding with my GF who is a much more experienced rider, I got behind a slow car just when we hit the twists and when I went to pass, I got scared, hit the brakes and the gravel on the opposite side of the road. Luckily for me, I wasn't injured and I was able to hotwire the bike and get it running and finish the ride. She felt terrible for 'leaving me behind' and not being there when I crashed but it wasn't her fault and I got myself in trouble riding beyond my abilities. I should have known better and I'm glad I got my lesson in such a benign wreck on my old 82 vision and not on the FZ6.

Its not your fault, don't stress.