Canada get FZ8 for 2011

motopete

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure about other places, but here in BC the cut off for insurance is at 750cc, then it almost doubles. So twice as much insurance for 29cc, more weight, a horible looking exhuast, painfull looking seat. Yes ya get a few more ponies, and a bit more torque (which are sucked by the extra weight). IMHO its just isn't worth it. I'd get a FZ1 or just stick with my 6.

Last edited:

Zack

Reaction score
Visit site
Engine must be sweet but I don't like exhaust. I love my original under the seat pipes. When I was buying bike that was one of the things that attracted me to FZ6.
Very long time ago I had a girlfriend that badly burned her right leg on hot exhaust pipe.

Cochiez

Reaction score
Visit site
What an unimaginative bike. Looks like a cheapened version of an FZ1 but with FZ6-ish headlights. Come on Yamaha, give us something new!

Sorry, I know everyone's stoked. I just had to say it.:Flip:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure about other places, but here in BC the cut off for insurance is at 750cc, then it almost doubles. So twice as much insurance for 27cc, more weight, a horible looking exhuast, painfull looking seat. Yes ya get a few more ponies, and a bit more torque (which are sucked by the extra weight). IMHO its just isn't worth it. I'd get a FZ1 or just stick with my 6.

My thoughts exactly. It's got a smaller gas tank, too. The only bike that would tempt me away from my FZ6 would be a Street Triple R.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Yamaha Canada has just announced that the 2011 Yamaha FZ8 and 2011 Yamaha Fazer 8 street bikes will be available in the Canadian market. Perhaps as a disappointment for some, both models of the new street-naked will come without the option for ABS.

Presumably the Canadian market has now cleared out its back-stock of Yamaha FZ6’s, which the 8-series has been replacing in European markets, and can now begin to offer the new middleweight.

With Canada getting the 8’s in its line-up, all eyes are now on the Yamaha USA to see if/when they’ll bring the bike to the US market. When they do, we can probably look forward to some great commercials, like these gems from the European campaign (that’s sarcasm for those keeping score). Check them out in the link below... did we mention they’re really bad?

Yamaha FZ8/Fazer 8 Coming to Canada – USA Next?