California snow

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes we need moisture bad as it has been a dry winter and we do not get rain in the summer but this really cuts into riding. I know I will get no sympathy from my northern friends who have to go through this for months on end. Just wanted to show that not all of California is beaches and babes (ok we do have a lot of babes)Oh well in a week it will be gone, I hope.
Can you see the pool my I Pod went swimming in last week?
View attachment 12961

View attachment 12962

View attachment 12963

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
We have some snow in the higher elevations right now. We can run around in T shirts during the day here in San Diego and look to the east at the snow covered mountains......

Went riding on the back roads today. Getting rain again tomorrow I think.....

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel for ya - just a bit. ;)

We had a warm spell last week and the only thing left are some small snow banks, so we are pretty much snow free right now.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel sorry for you missing out on your riding time, but to me, that looks wonderful. I have never seen snow in real life, I wish my backyard would look like that.

Great pics, the build-up on the chairs and table looks lovely.

:)

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, never seen snow. I grew up in Minnesota so for me it was a big thing for me when I spent my first winter in California without snow. Minnesota can get real cold as the coldest actual temp. I have experienced was -51F or -46C, that was a chilly night.

crabby117

Reaction score
Visit site
We got snow in Vegas this year too, back in December. Oh, guess that would make it last year. I mean this winter season.... I had to ride home in it. (It wasn't snowing when I left home in the morning.) It was my first experience riding in snow. It wasn't deep at the time I rode, but still an adventure.

I made it all the way home (not a long ride, less than 10 miles), and dropped the bike in my driveway because it had about 3" of snow and a good slope to it. Doh! My footpeg must have been brittle from the ride home because it sheared right off when I dropped the bike. I consider myself lucky that that the worst of the damage. Hell of a time picking the bike up as my feet and the bike were sliding. Had to get my dad to help me push the bike into the garage once I got it standing. It was a pretty comical site.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah I've ridden my dualsport in snow, just plain sucks. Snow and motorcycles just do no mix well.

It's always a sad picture to see a motorcycle covered in snow.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, your California storm made it to Utah today. Was supposed to be 1" - 3" accumulation, but was more like a foot or so. Also unusually wet and heavy, streets weren't too bad but a lot of tree branches were felled because of it. And my snowblower was crying "Oof-Dah!" :D

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep that would be our Sierra Cement. This stuff isn't you everyday light and fluffy snow. Really sucks,eh?

Still getting waves of rain mixed with snow.