Bye bye FZ6... :(

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I sold my 2008 FZ6 last Tuesday and picked up a 2007 VFR. I got a terrific deal on the VFR, 6000 miles, full givi luggage, touring and original windshield, and built in Garmin Zumo 450 for $4600! It's the 25th anniversary edition and looks nice. I felt horribly guilty for selling my FZ6 - it served me well and my wife liked getting on the back. I was quite attached. :(

First impressions of VFR - SMOOTH!!! Everything is so smooth. Gear changes, hydraulic clutch, engine rumble, and lower RPM. Engine is noticeably more torque and although the wet weight is 80lbs more it doesn't feel heavier when I ride it. Handlebars are definitely lower (though, higher than my Monster), but peg position seems similar to FZ6. I'll post pics later.

I fully plan to stick around this forum where lots of great people abound!

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats man! I know quite a few people who have moved from the good ol' fizzer to the viffer and I'm certainly no exception :)

Glad you're sticking around too! People on this board are awesome!! Must be the healthy mix of hooliganism and love for sport-touring that tends to attract all this great folk towards the awesome world of the FZ6 :)

:iconbeer:

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words. I do think we are the same type of riders...ones who like comfortable ergos, a touch of sport-touring, and great over all bikes! Now, if my FZ6 had the FZ8's engine/transmission in it I don't think I would have switched bikes..:cool:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool bike Dan, you got one heck of a great deal. What color did you get? :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very cool bike and you have the anniversary color scheme which I like the best. It reminds me of the earlier R30/750 ancestors.
Congratulations! Like Pete said, really good deal!

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, it was such a good deal that I was amazed he threw in the Zumo for free. I think he didn't want to bother to take it down. I passed along my great deal and sold my FZ6 for $3500 with the trunk and farkles.

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is an amazing deal w/ the luggage and GPS. 6000 miles is nothing! The red white and blue color scheme is awesome, I have seen it around.

Congrats! Pics please. :)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Made this a while back to compare VFR to FZ6:

vfrvsfz6.jpg

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
congrats on the deal even though its a honda:BLAA:. old joke i know:ban:.. no honestly a nice bike you got there for a terrific deal

i join the others in the 'pics please' chorus!

robaho

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the new bike Dankatz!
After looking at the comparison drawing the Erci posted up it is pretty obvious why FZ6 riders are drawn to the VFR. Nice work Erci.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice trade Dankatz! Congrats! So, we have to have you along for a ride next spring... time for another New England Meet! :D

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the overlay! I was wondering if the passenger pegs looked as comfortable as on the FZ6 (my wife was on the back all the time) and it looks like they are as low as the FZ6's. Yes, would love to get together for another new england meet now that I am working only one weekend a month...