Buying advice for FZ6

Kenm

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all,

New around here and planning on buying an FZ6 in the next week or so. Can anyone offer buying advice? What should I look out for... looking at around 04 or 05 with about 10,000 miles.

What comes as standard with these bikes? I see a toolkit mentioned around the on some of the forums. I assume owners manual also, anything else?

Do they automatically have ABS or is an option.... loads of questions, all advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers all, I look forward to spending quite a bit of time on here in the future.

Ken.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To find the answer to a lot of your questions you can search the internet.

ABS only comes on certain models. Mine came with a toolkit which is not that good. User manual yes but not always on a second hand bike.

We are happy to help out on here but as always "God helps those who helps themselves".

My biggest hint to you is to use the SEARCH option on here there is masses of stuff in there.

Its a great bike for touring or racing.

Steve

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
hi there !

make sure it is an FZ6,thats all you need :D

abs is an option,not in 04-05 anyways...toolkit should be there,not the best one but i keep using it,,good to have it on the road..

nothing specific for FZ6 but generally,,make sure to check for signs of accidents,,,scratches on engine cover,bar ends,,levers...check the chain and rear sprocket wear,,,check the tires,,,decide if you will need to replace these right away or in time,,and deduct these from the asking price if necessary...

change the oil as soon as you buy it,,that way you know when it was changed..

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd suggest taking someone along to look at your prospective purchase who is familiar with what to look for on a used bike, regardless of the badge on the tank. Two pairs of eyes are always better when buying used.
Scorphonic (a member of this forum and a great contributor) is also from Ireland.
:thumbup:

DaFiz

Reaction score
Visit site
If you were buying MY Fazer I'd provide you with FSH. You would be able to see exactly how many kilometres were done before each service, how many times I've changed the tyres and/or sprockets and chain, brake pads etc. and what distances I've travelled between tyre changes etc. After 40 000 kilometres however the scratches on the tank and fairings and the scuffed engine cover speak volumes. (yes she's been down and the evidence is clear)

The best advice has already been offered to you here... take along someone who knows what to look for.:thumbup:

Last edited: