BT016Pro

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Got em, love em! Grip like poop to a blanket in dry and the wet...They are tourable to a degree....as long as you raise tyre pressures very high for long straight runs.

My rear is 6500 kilometres old, and ooks lke it has about another 1500km's in it...and 6000 of those kilometres were 2up, with heaps of gear, on a recent tour.

As far as a Tyre that will be a perfect companion when riding hard, hey are second to none....better than even a BT003RS, as the BT016 Pro heats up quicker at road speeds.

Once warm, they are amazing! I have had not one moment with them, even when in pure sports riding mode...pushing the bike very hard through some serious twisty roads.

If you dontcare too much for mileage figures, you can go a lot worse than buy a set of 016 Pro's....love them to death!

Best road tyre i have had on the FZ6 so far...

:thumbup:

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe this will make me look like a dumbass, but is there both a "hypersport" and non "hypersport" version? I have BTO16's on mine; I've had them for almost 2000 miles now.

In any case I'm probably not the best person to give you a review since those 2000 miles are about 90% of my riding experience... So I won't be able to tell you much how they compare... I bought my FZ6 with 6400 miles and the stock Dunlops were toast so these went on pretty darn quickly.

I can tell you they look like they have plenty of tread left...but I'd think they SHOULD after only 2000 miles...

Anybody else?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe this will make me look like a dumbass, but is there both a "hypersport" and non "hypersport" version? I have BTO16's on mine; I've had them for almost 2000 miles now.

In any case I'm probably not the best person to give you a review since those 2000 miles are about 90% of my riding experience... So I won't be able to tell you much how they compare... I bought my FZ6 with 6400 miles and the stock Dunlops were toast so these went on pretty darn quickly.

I can tell you they look like they have plenty of tread left...but I'd think they SHOULD after only 2000 miles...

Anybody else?

There is the "old" BT016, which is still available i think, and the updated 016 Pro, which Bridgestone reckons is just as good a tyre, but with 60% better life expectancy from the front, and 30% more for the rear....

My mate, Mikey has been a long time BT016 user, and just has had his first 016 Pro, and has made comment to me, that it has lasted much longer than normal, without feeling any different.

So get the 016 Pro's...

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a set of these after seeing some of our forum member and friends using them. We at times push these tires pretty hard. They don't give the mileage that say the BT-023 gives but if you push it this is a tire that sticks.
I've got a little over 5000 miles/8045 kilometers and it's time for some new ones.
Honestly I've thought about switching to the BT-023 but had an experience with the BT-016 where I thought a tire would unhook but it didn't.

I was in a tight decreasing radius turn and as it closed up there was a dip and I compressed my suspension enough that I was on non OEM pegs (angled no warning studs) No problem, I was already off the bike a little and stayed on the peg. But that dip put the brake lever in the mix and the bike vaulted on the lever which quickly unloaded my rear end.:eek: I thought for sure it was a low side but the rear held and I finished the turn. :D

I'm getting my new BT-016s very soon. :rockon:

FloppyRunner

Motorcycle Noooooooooooob
Reaction score
Visit site
There is the "old" BT016, which is still available i think, and the updated 016 Pro, which Bridgestone reckons is just as good a tyre, but with 60% better life expectancy from the front, and 30% more for the rear....

My mate, Mikey has been a long time BT016 user, and just has had his first 016 Pro, and has made comment to me, that it has lasted much longer than normal, without feeling any different.

So get the 016 Pro's...

Oh...must be why I got mine for so cheap...'cause new ones were coming out! Haha.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just did a little research and it's interesting that they have actually done some major changes to the BT-016 to the Pro version.

I'm wondering how this effects the performance of the tire and I'm hoping the new nano technologies they're using will enhance an already great performing tire in addition to better wear.
Here's a link to the new Pro with some interesting facts.. BATTLAX BT-016 PRO HYPERSPORT | Products | Motorcycle Tires | Bridgestone Corporation

pascal1973

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got off the bike, after mounting new rubber.....generally unhappy i didn't buy these earlier! Great tire, even cold, grip is never ending!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BT-016, awesome tire, I used them once but needed more mileage and went with the 023's (another awesome tire). But now that there is a revised version, I may be trying the 016 Pro!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
BT-016, awesome tire, I used them once but needed more mileage and went with the 023's (another awesome tire). But now that there is a revised version, I may be trying the 016 Pro!

Just got back from Cycle Gear and no one has an answer when I asked about the Pro version. Seems like they get them in Europe and Oz....Wonder what it would cost for us to get them shipped here? :confused: I need to get new ones pretty soon!

pkoosa

Reaction score
Visit site

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Additional info for those looking to to get the BT-016 Pro front tire. I went to talk to my friend at Cycle Gear and they just got BT-016 Pro front tires in ($115.99) so between the site pkoosa gave us for the Rear BT-016 Pro and Cycle Gear we can have a set of the new Pros.

A lot of folks in the US have been looking for these. I've heard of some very positive testing results on these from a German test company and the new BT-016 Pros scored the highest in tires of its class. :rockon:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Additional info for those looking to to get the BT-016 Pro front tire. I went to talk to my friend at Cycle Gear and they just got BT-016 Pro front tires in ($115.99) so between the site pkoosa gave us for the Rear BT-016 Pro and Cycle Gear we can have a set of the new Pros.

A lot of folks in the US have been looking for these. I've heard of some very positive testing results on these from a German test company and the new BT-016 Pros scored the highest in tires of its class. :rockon:

Did you buy some? :BLAA:

pascal1973

Reaction score
Visit site
After 2000km of commuting and pushing the bike quite hard on evenings out with the guys, i'm very happy i bought the 016 Pro's. The warm up quickly, grip is amazing, when warm, grip is absurd! I haven't had any OMG moments, even when braking a bit too late....about milage, i can't tell yet, but they still look pretty good, and feel the same as new.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Update on getting my rear tire. I ordered it as advertized from Motorcycle Superstore but there was a problem and they sent me a BT-016 instead of the BT-016 Pro. Turns out if they order it (BT-016 Pro) from one of their main us distributors "Tucker Rocky" Tucker Rocky sends the wrong tire. I sent it back to them and they made me pay the shipping but it aint over till I say it's over.

You can order both the front and the back from Cycle Gear. Just make sure they know to order the BT-016 Pro and have them use Parts Unlimited not Tucker Rocky.
I had the correct tire from Cycle Gear in less than 24 hours!
Been out for a little on them yesterday but Saturday I'll get to put them through some great mountain and desert roads.