Brrrrrr! First ride in the cold with unexpected problems

jsw4178

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, so I am on night shift and I stay up all night to usually about 5 AM.
I don't usually get to ride during the day when I am off because of my weird sleep schedule. Anyway, I decided to go for a ride tonight. I have just installed my Rizoma rearset and Rizoma handlebar but have not had a chance to test them out.At about 11:00 PM I decided to ride to my brother's house about 10 miles away no big deal, 35F/2C. I hang out with my brother for a while and see it is 1:45 A.M. and I need to head home. It is now 28F/-2C. Okay,this is cold for someone in Alabama. I am headed back home stop at a 4 way stop and then proceed. I attempt to shift into 2nd and hit N, I try again to make sure I did not push down shift instead of upshift, no luck. I am driving down the road in first gear wondering what is wrong and then it hits me.... I forgot to tighten down the nuts on the Rizoma shifter after I adjusted it several days ago. I pull over at a school and adjust the shifter. Hallelujah ! it works!. I am back on my way home! I will be sure to doublecheck everything next time before going on a ride(especially late at night):spank: Thank goodness I had on a pair of jeans under my Joe Rocket Alter Ego 2 pants!