Bris Fizz

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
HEY, have everyone registered for the volunteering work yet?
Emergency Volunteering

No need, the flood was nearly at my doorstep and volunteering was easy, just walk down the road and start shovelling! What I couldn't believe was being turned away at some places because I wasn't an 'official' volunteer!! grrr

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OKo9Okri5M]YouTube - Brisbane Floods - Railway Rd, Fairfield[/ame]
This street is a block away from mine and all the houses were completely submerged with water up to their eaves.

The cleanup effort in my area (Fairfield) has now turned to moving all the rubbish from the pavement to the tip it's outta my hands.

Some of these houses now look brand new!! Amazing the effect a gurney has on dirt... Or even better, a fire hose, now they are the absolute bomb, clean a house in 5 mins!! As long as the walls can stand the pressure...

Weathers lookin good this week end, any news of the conditions through our usual jaunts? I mean nebo/glorious/mt mee/killkoy/etc... Last I heard there was considerable damange through nebo/glorious with land-slides.

Let's get a ride happening.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Weathers lookin good this week end, any news of the conditions through our usual jaunts? I mean nebo/glorious/mt mee/killkoy/etc... Last I heard there was considerable damange through nebo/glorious with land-slides.

Let's get a ride happening.

Mt Nebo/Glorious is still closed due to a landslide , Mt Mee is in very very poor condition & Mt Lindesay is appalling so I guess we may be able to head Gold Coast hinterland way :thumbup:

I'll check what Kel has planned for me this weekend ;)

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
.... so I guess we may be able to head Gold Coast hinterland way :thumbup:

I'll check what Kel has planned for me this weekend ;)

weather looks good for the weekend....particularily Sunday:D
you still keen for a ride?
a couple of fellas from work have showed some interest.

krushnuts

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
weather looks good for the weekend....particularily Sunday:D
you still keen for a ride?
a couple of fellas from work have showed some interest.

Fo sho

- BP Yatala 7.30am to leave 8am sharp. Some guys from OSB meeting there too for a southern run - Beachmont, etc...

krushnuts

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great day for a ride or what?!?! Humps, you wuda loved it.

Those OSB fellas set a crackin pace, thankfully they were all up front to flush out the fuzz - I hung at the back and enjoyed every minute!

Some great roads - I'm looking forward to exploring more down south now that nebo/glorious and all that up to kilco etc will take some time to get back to normal.

Pics.

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
yep, the pace was hot, my FZ6 was in the power zone all day, if you didn't keep up you were left behind and lost. There were a couple of new roads too, that Dulguigan Road near Tumblegum is eye watering fast. Make sure you have your ears pinned back if you do a circuit with these boys, they certainly use the power of their 1L+ machines..... just pretend your speedo doesn't work and ignore it. :eek:

Last edited:

fz6jason

Reaction score
Visit site
I will agree, the pace kept us moving all day. It was great to really open the bike up!:thumbup:

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
yeh well the roads are still in repair mode......
Glorious was still shut the other weekend.
Nebo is OK
Mt Mee hill climb has single lane with lights in sections, back section is good near d'agulair
Haven't checked out through Maleny area yet.

krushnuts

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yeh well the roads are still in repair mode......
Glorious was still shut the other weekend.
Nebo is OK
Mt Mee hill climb has single lane with lights in sections, back section is good near d'agulair
Haven't checked out through Maleny area yet.

Good to know man cheers, I been flingin it around lower beachmont, bit of a way away but good twisties ay

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im gunna check with the warden :eyebrow: & see if I can get out for a Saturday evening coffee run up Mt Cootha if anybody is interested :thumbup:

Would like to catch up with ya's before we leave on our holiday :rockon: