Bridgestone BT023 rear and S20 front

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to change topics but i still didnt swapout the S20. It has so much tread up the middle but naked on the sides. Same thing on the last 016 Pro up front..

To your point; longer service from the 016 than the S20. Not exactly what stone said now was it!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
[MENTION=10940]Lefty[/MENTION] Anything to say about T on the front? I've been waiting!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[MENTION=10940]Lefty[/MENTION] Anything to say about T on the front? I've been waiting!

Sad to say, after getting the T30 last week (or was it the Monday before?) I haven't yet gotten out to ride, even to scuff it in.:spank:
I am committed to a 1,000 mile weekend this coming weekend so I'll have some initial feedback next week. thanks for your patience. :thumbup:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sad to say, after getting the T30 last week (or was it the Monday before?) I haven't yet gotten out to ride, even to scuff it in.:spank:
I am committed to a 1,000 mile weekend this coming weekend so I'll have some initial feedback next week. thanks for your patience. :thumbup:

Maybe i can trade mine off to slab happy rider! Still has 3000 miles in center!! Blah

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
S20 front; Its dead Jim!

Maybe i can trade mine off to slab happy rider! Still has 3000 miles in center!! Blah

New Tire came. Back to my old buddy the 016 Pro which lasted ~ 6400 miles.
S20 is now like a RAZOR BLADE and is evil to ride ~ 4600 total miles 2013-06-21 to 2014-07-24. At low speeds and sharper angles the bike feels like it wants to fall over mid turn as the tire has a pretty dramatic egg shape. Overall its just too soft of compound for the street as the sides are gone clear through the wear bars. It literally make me uncomfortable to ride it the way it is and the ride we had planned is a tire shredder. Hint - Wind River Rd. It has you down at 45mph at around the apex pulling 12K which warms the rear up well so I just don't trust it being naked on the sides.

B-Stone S20 Front
PROS:

Grippy tire. Never slid even on wet chip tar, holds OK on tar snakes.
Nice turn in when new (still love it for predictability first 3000 miles)
Good feed back
Soft tire, lets you feel the road
Comes up to temp very quick
Brakes well. Good for stoppy material if you're into that as it grips well.

CONS:
Sides / off center tread destroyed in 3000 miles (minimal commute, mostly play). Canyons if you will.
Very sensitive to tire pressure (don't run it low = bad news i.e. easy to go wide)
Supposed to be AN IMPROVEMENT over the 016 Pro - but lasted 2000 miles LESS. Both tires have tread in the middle while the sides are gone.
Shorter life span than expected with 4,600 miles = center wear bars present, side wear bears = long gone

Unknown:
Tire **may play** a role in front end bouncing during heavy downhill corner braking. Only has one steel belt.

If something more comes up I'll add it later.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the indepth update Randy.
I'm at the crossroads once again. I just put a new T30 on the front about 700 miles ago but my old BT023 rear just went south in the last couple of hundred miles for a total of 6100 miles. I was going to put a matching T30 rear on but after reading Jerry's recent report on the T30 I just don't know...,.:confused:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Lefty 5,000 on S20 Front
Finalimpact 4,600 on S20 Front

Not too impressive and likely not a path I'll repeat. The 016 is cheaper and performs better too! Perhaps its time to switch brands? Although if i did more commutes it could have appeared better than it does.

Hey it least i didnt square it off on the slab! blah

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll take pics of the 023Rear and the T30Front with 700 miles when I get home tonight. I had the same experience as you Randy with the front only I got 2000 more miles on it than when I ran the BT016 front in the past. I was hoping to gt more on the BT023 rear but I liked the way the tire ran overall.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
O.K. here's the pic of the BT023 rear at 6100 miles. I think I'm going to try the T30 on the rear just to get some more information for everyone that's curious. I probably ended up riding 50/50 slab and twisties on these in the last year. The sides have more rubber but the center has gone to the bars. :Flip:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
O.K. here's the pic of the BT023 rear at 6100 miles. I think I'm going to try the T30 on the rear just to get some more information for everyone that's curious. I probably ended up riding 50/50 slab and twisties on these in the last year. The sides have more rubber but the center has gone to the bars. :Flip:

Looks like you need to get on the Chicken to get more miles out of it! Blah

The final resting place of the S20 f @4600
attachment.php

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you need to get on the Chicken to get more miles out of it! Blah

The final resting place of the S20 f @4600
attachment.php

That looks like my BT-016 front looked at about 7,000 miles. I have the S-20 on front now and the T-30 on the back, The S-20 has about 600 on it now and the T-30 has 90 and is hardly scrubbed in yet Maybe this weekend or even tomorrow...

I may switch brands. The S-20 series are terrible. It seems that products are trumped by shareholder meetings and marketeers.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
016 PRO Return, NIGHT & DAY

[MENTION=2579]Motogiro[/MENTION]
Cliff, talk about changes!! Slid the 16 back on there last night and once again fell in love w/the bike! :thumbup:

I never thought I'd be one to say less feeling is better, but the 16 offers some numbing effect taking away the instantaneous feelings from the road below. Granted the old tire was cheesed for the last 1600 miles, the 16 is simply a confidence inspiring tire right out of the shoot. Perhaps foolish on my part but after a few tip-ins I ran it to the edge and it simply feels good! Its like the point and shoot of tires as it just takes care of business up front so you don't have too!

Point; don't keep that cheesed up S20 too long as your wasting good roads. Its really funny how a tire can make a break a good ride.