Bridgestone bt-023, bt-023gt or S20

Mta1981

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, time for tires. Does anyone know if the gt spec is too rigid for the fz6? Im just wondering if it would yield better mileage. And is the new hypersport s20 a more track spirited tire? Im not dragging knees, but I like the twisties. I have a 60 mile round trip commute and I have it all, twists, straights, back roads and highway. I also rock gerbings heated gear, so what would be better in the winter. Thanks for any input.http://www.600riders.com/forum/images/smilies/sport12.gif

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the forum!

I don't think you need the GT spec.tire. That is more designed for the heavier sport tourers.

The S20 is the BT-016 Pro replacement and although these tires are great for quick warmup and more aggressive riding, they may not yield the mileage results you'd want. I use them on the SV1000s and I get about 4.000 mile out of a rear.

I vote for the BT-023 for your application. They have great grip and mileage I think you'll be happy with. :D

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
I went with the BT-023's about 1000 miles ago and have nothing but good things to say about them. In that time I have done all kinds of riding from my 70 mile RT commute, to some chill cruising, to some spirited twisties, to riding in the rain and the tires have been sticky and predictable throughout. Check out my post below for some more info and opinions..

http://www.600riders.com/forum/tire-tech-talk/43583-bridgestone-tires-ones.html

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently got the 023 GT front and back. Haven't installed them yet but I'll post up a review. Hoping they'll be good for me as I'm more into touring than sport riding.