Boston Ride Either Sat or Sun

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Guys,
After a long month of waiting, my bike is finally arriving this Friday from being shipped from California to Boston. I'm super excited and will likely sleep next to it to keep it company it's first night here:ban: or I'll spend some time going over it with a fine toothed comb to snug up all the loose bits.

I want to go for a ride this weekend, but don't know the area at all yet. Who wants to go riding with me and show me some of the nicer parts of New England?

Rob

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What's up Doc!?! Doing good here back on a bike. Suzuki SV1000s.
Just wanted to jump in here and say thank you for caring bout me and doing the follow-up Haha!
Up early this AM cuz it's cooler temps out and I have to get some miles on this new motor and they have to be easier ones for break-in. Yes I know about the controversial break-in see if you can break-it, written by the way, by an engine rebuilder. I do some harder run in techniques.
I know I see guys from that area on the forum but can't believe you haven't heard from someone in 'BeanTown' yet. Prolly by the weekend you will.

Hope all is well by you and thank you again my Brutha!

Last edited:

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure what sort of time I'll have this weekend but if I get a few hours free on Sunday I'm up for a ride. I typically head up north to Cape Ann, I don't know the south shore that well even though I live down here. :) PM me your number and if I'm heading up to ride, I'll give you a buzz.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I can get a hall pass for Sat - what are you thinking about for a ride (part day, full day, really full day?) and anything in particular you've been thinking you wanted to see. I live on the north shore so am much more knowledgeable about picking roads north of the city. I'll post up again after I verify I'm good with the warden.

Last edited:

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
That's as good as it gets here in MA

N River Rd to MA-116 S/Conway Rd - Google Maps

I'm gonna be going for a random 500-600-700 mile ride around VT and NH on Saturday or Sunday (not quite sure yet).

One of the roads I wanna visit again is

US-302 W to NH-112 E/Kancamagus Hwy - Google Maps

the other one is

VT-100 N to VT-17 W - Google Maps

The rest of the ride will be random wandering. If any of you guys feel like going for a random scenic ride with lots of photo brakes, I'm totally up for a group ride :) If not, definitely check those roads out when you can. That section of Rt 116 in MA is very fun.

Cheers!

Last edited:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
What's up Doc!?! Doing good here back on a bike. Suzuki SV1000s.
Just wanted to jump in here and say thank you for caring bout me and doing the follow-up Haha!
Up early this AM cuzit cooler temps out and I have to get some miles on this new motor and they have to be easier ones for break-in. Yes I know about the controversial break-in see if you can break-it, written by the way, by an engine rebuilder. I do some harder run in techniques.
I know I see guys from that area on the forum but can believe you haven't heard from someone in 'BeanTown' yet. Prolly by the weekend you will.

Hope all is well by you and thank you again my Brutha!

Glad to hear that you are back on two wheels Cliff. I thought that might happen:thumbup:

That's as good as it gets here in MA

N River Rd to MA-116 S/Conway Rd - Google Maps

I'm gonna be going for a random 500-600-700 mile ride around VT and NH on Saturday or Sunday (not quite sure yet).

One of the roads I wanna visit again is

US-302 W to NH-112 E/Kancamagus Hwy - Google Maps

the other one is

VT-100 N to VT-17 W - Google Maps

The rest of the ride will be random wandering. If any of you guys feel like going for a random scenic ride with lots of photo brakes, I'm totally up for a group ride :) If not, definitely check those roads out when you can. That section of Rt 116 in MA is very fun.

Cheers!

These looks like nice twisty roads, but a bit far from Boston bro.

I'm reasonably flexible for rides on Saturday, but I think I now have plans on Sunday for a philanthropy I'm involved with in Boston. I can do a half day or a full day, whatever you guys want. I may have some other non-FZ guys to join in with us. Keep me posted what you guys want to do and I'll keep this thread updated with my status.

Last edited:

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
So I am now confirmed good for riding tomorrow (Sat) (unless I have serious issues while installing new tires tonight).

I have some ideas for a 1/2 day ride (4 hrs, 120 miles, just around the north shore) or a full day (8+ hours riding, 280 miles, North Shore + a trip around Lake Winnipesaukee in NH). The roads that zmeiaspas posted up are good riding in New England but make for a long day trip leaving from Boston.

Let me know if anybody is interested and if so which idea. Was thinking we could meet in the parking lot of the REI in Reading, MA (just off 128) as a starting point - time depending on preferences and how of a ride.
Scott

Last edited:

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
A third yet even longer option to incorporate the closest of the roads zmeiaspas posted and add getting to/from the Boston area on decent roads. Turned out to be just about 400 miles and 10:15 of riding. I did also shorten it by eliminating the north stretch (to 312 mi, 8 hrs) but had to ride a main road one-way out west or double-back on the same route to do that.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I am going riding with a local buddy in the afternoon at this point Saturday. I'll post details later tonight for those who would like to join in. The more the merrier so long as people are riding respectfully. Most people I ride with from this forum in SoCal are pretty respectful riders, but I have met most of the NE crew yet. I don't like to ride among the shenanigans (ie: crossing double yellows, wheelies, stoppies, etc). I'm just looking for a nice leisurely ride to re-acquaint myself to my bike since it's been a while. The shipping process was 5 weeks coast to coast because of Sturgis happening in the middle of my shipment.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry this didn't pan out guys. Shall we start to plan something for possibly this coming Saturday? I work Sunday, otherwise i'd be in for that too. Maybe someone who knows the area well can pick out something cool to ride in the Boston area with some decent scenary and some nice roads to cruise.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Would love to go, but this weekend am on beeper call and need to round in the morning. Potentially could go for a local ride later in the day...

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Would love to go, but this weekend am on beeper call and need to round in the morning. Potentially could go for a local ride later in the day...

I'd be down Dan. We need to finally meet after all the convo's we've had over the years.