Boston, MA peeps out there

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Since I'm here (a little north of the city) and already riding for the season I don't know why you wouldn't get/bring a bike. I will recommend electrics (at least gloves) if you want to make full use of the available riding season. They're not required but they make it way more enjoyable.

dankatz

Commuter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Rob, didn't even see this thread. Congrats on your match! As I mentioned by PM I am a fellow at MGH in Maternal Fetal Medicine. Definitely bring the bike! I ride it to MGH and park in the $40/day front garage for free (and legally!) BMC is not in a great neighborhood, so make sure you get garage parking. This is a minor point, but in the lovely streets of Boston I don't think you will benefit from the extras of the Triple R compared to the Triple. You are doing the right thing by getting a torque-laden bike. You want something small and nimble like the Triple in the city. The FZ6's engine is not great for city commuting, but is fine. My previous Ninja 500 I rode for 11 months out of 12. The FZ6 I rode for about 10 months out of 12 - this winter was especially harsh. It gets very very very very very cold in the early AM when we have to go into the hospital. the best thing I did for myself (finally!) was installed Gerbing gloves. My fingers no longer freeze in my 25 minute commute. I do enjoy riding to and from work - mostly as a stress reliever. As for the future, not sure where I'll find an attending position. My field is pretty good right now, so I will have some choices. We'll see.

Z

zoomman

Absolutely bring the bike! A safe bet for riding season is from April 1 through Oct 31. Sometimes you get beautiful days in March with 60 degree weather, and sometimes it snows in April, but that's New England for you :)

BTW I live in Boston as well, the only tricky thing is finding a place to park the bike :)

Hey, we park on sidewalks here!! LOL
Bring the bike...Boston riders unite.