Boots, and the almost never ending search

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Timberland Pro Series are indeed comfortable, I don't ride in them but I stand on concrete and build bombs in them one weekend a month! :rolleyes:

For riding, I'll never give up my BMW Airflows. Comfortable for all-day, walking around, and the airflow is so good it feels like you're riding barefoot. They can pry them from my cold, dead feet! :BLAA:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
So which is it? Sidi's or something else?:spank:

Ha, ha, 04fizzer...I guess I didn't really READ that before I posted it, huh? :spank: indeed!!!

I've got three pair of boots...the aforementioned A* SMX-4's...a pair of Sidi B-2's that I've only wore a couple of times only because I bought a pair of Sidi Vertigo Airs. The Vertigo Airs are the boot I wear almost exclusively now, especially that summer is here. Talk about feeling like you've got air conditioning for your feet! I love 'em! Tons of protection, too.

Chaosratt

Reaction score
www.computing.zone
Anyone have an opinion on the GorTex Army combat boots? Step-dad brought a pair home from tha base last week that fit me perfectly. Little larger than the Icons I was wearing before, but they were shot after 3 years of being my daily ride/work boots.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been wearing these for over a year and they are really comfortable. I have a wide foot and the ergo's on this boot agree with my feet. They have venting that helps in the hot weather.
.: Alpinestars Stella SMX-5 Boots | Review | Canyon Chasers Motorcycle Sport Touring :.

picture.php

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally invested in some proper riding boots this spring after wearing steel toed construction boots for the last 2 years. I tried a few and ended up with Joe Rocket Meteor boots. Very comfortable, simple, waterproof, and functional on the bike.

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I've got Sidi Vertebra II (found a bargain on a pair) to replace my Gaerne GR:W. I wear these in trips and weekend rides. Both were nice, but the Sidis were better and a bit more comfy.

I also have 2 pairs for city riding. Daytona Shortys (I have a review on this site somewhere) and I have now replaced them with Dainese Sechuras. The Dainese are more expensive but it is more elegant and can be worn without looking out of place. It doesn't lack any safety features either (compared to the Daytonas) I like them so far.

Last edited:

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my Alpinestars SMXR a couple of months ago, about 2k km later: they're perfect. For riding that is, don't go hiking with them but for long days on the bike they are very comfortable.