Book price for fz6 05 naked???

SilentG

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so by all means it looks like I might have to bite the bullet and find myself another bike after a bloody rtc which wasn't my fault.
Not had a call from insurance just yet but was a little curious of where to find the correct price guide. I looked on Parker's already (05 fz6 N = Yamaha FZ6 (05MY) Valuation - Parker's) but their prices look a little low to me. How are you supposed to get the same bike for a fraction of the money I'm going to get????
Anyone :)

Bagzter

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, so by all means it looks like I might have to bite the bullet and find myself another bike after a bloody rtc which wasn't my fault.
Not had a call from insurance just yet but was a little curious of where to find the correct price guide. I looked on Parker's already (05 fz6 N = Yamaha FZ6 (05MY) Valuation - Parker's) but their prices look a little low to me. How are you supposed to get the same bike for a fraction of the money I'm going to get????
Anyone :)

what a bummer.. not good thing to happen at any time of year.
as to replaceing ya bike, it depends if you want to go second hand or new. if you decide on new there are some cracking 0% deals going on at the moment. you could use your payout as payment towards your new bike. check out someone like George White Motorcycles - Home, motorcycle, motorcycle dealer, used bike, yamaha, suzuki, kawasaki, honda for the deals they have running.

if you decide to go used, your gonna have to shop around and be prepared to travel as well as put more of your own money to ya next bike. You will get a better deal buying a used bike privately than if you go to a dealer, but, you dont get the back up and warranty.

At the end of the day, wether you go to a dealer or private i got this feeling you are going to have to look at financing the shortfall with a loan or a finance package:(

bear in mind that used mid range bikes are holding their price as there is a bit of a shortage of them on the market. something to do with a lot of bikes being bought buy europeans and taken abroad where they made a profit (gotta love exchange rates havent you?) when they resold them.

good luck in finding a replacement ride especially this time of year

cowauto

Stop raining on me!
Reaction score
Visit site
When you get a call from the insurance guy, he will try to value your bike according to the book value. Your best bet is to have a quick look on autotrader or MCN and search for bikes similar to yours. Quote the prices for these to the assessor and he will usually be quite flexible to negotiation provided you can substantiate your claims of the bike being worth more than book.

Hope you get a fair price.

H.

SilentG

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys for the replies. Hopefully within the next couple of months I'm going to upgrade anyway to FZ1 but in the mean time I have no wheels :( COWAUTO I never thought of that, I go and check out Auto Trader and see whats about.

SilentG

Reaction score
Visit site
Well apparently guys I got the call from appraisers and the total cost of repairs comes to £2890 all together. That just puts it over the book price for my bike and year (05) Donig a deal with them to get the main problems done and I'll be sorting the little things which boost their quote up but are cheap enough for me to do myself ;) Looking better as the days go by w00t w00t

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Dealer and private are always poles apart on pricing.

I paid 3K for my '04 with the scorps,screen ,bellypan etc from a dealer.
I Know I could have got the same from E blag for a lot less,but I got the bike from a shop I trusted not to sell me a puppy and I'm happy to say,it hasn't missed a beat and I haven't had my pants pulled down buying some taped together snotter. :thumbup: